Freshwater Bladder Snail Jar Log (1 Gal, no filter)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Koenator

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, starting a new journal thread for my snail jar. Any suggestions for plants to add would be great, as well as anything else the snails would need. I have some white sand as the substrate and theres an air stone moving the water around while i cycle it for a week or so before adding plants (and snails).

I will just be using sunlight for the lighting and Since the jar is square, I’m hoping rotating the jar 90 degrees once a day will help keep any snails from cooking and also help the plants receive light in an equal share.

I will add photos later!

I'm really looking forward to this! I am obsessed with land and aquatic snails :) I have ramshorns, bladders, malasians, nerites, and horned nerites! I also have an Achatina Fulica White Jade african land snail!

I'm really looking forward to this! I am obsessed with land and aquatic snails :) I have ramshorns, bladders, malasians, nerites, and horned nerites! I also have an Achatina Fulica White Jade african land snail!
I don’t have quite that variety... yet.

Can't wait to see this come together

Hello everyone, small update.

I’ve added many live plants into the jar, but in my excitement i forgot that java fern can’t handle cold temperatures. I may buy a small heater to keep them alive because at this point getting them out of the jar would be a nightmare. It only has a 25mm opening at the top...

Plants: Java fern, java moss, hornwort, and anacharis.

Will add snails soon. Theres probably already some tiny ones in there that were on the plants as I put them in.

Attachments

• AA978184-1654-48F1-AFEE-71766F15BD39.jpeg
    AA978184-1654-48F1-AFEE-71766F15BD39.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 58
But I loooove him! :nod:
Hi, starting a new journal thread for my snail jar. Any suggestions for plants to add would be great, as well as anything else the snails would need. I have some white sand as the substrate and theres an air stone moving the water around while i cycle it for a week or so before adding plants (and snails).

I will just be using sunlight for the lighting and Since the jar is square, I’m hoping rotating the jar 90 degrees once a day will help keep any snails from cooking and also help the plants receive light in an equal share.

I will add photos later!
This is fun. I did this once. I found out that they bred best in amazon sword plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back