Forum upgrade

Cat said:
I tried it william,can't use my name to search it won't work,so used yours, showed your posts up till the 15th july ,none after that,I think thats what abstract mean't its not showing the last few days posts.
[snapback]844087[/snapback]​

exactly, well kinda exactly....it looks like all of the topics that were started AFTER the forum upgrade do not show up in my search...only those created before the upgrade that i had posted in show up

And all the threads william started the last few days are not showing up in his. :thumbs:

new threads started in the last few days are not showing up.

Just to add to the list, the "last visited site" has said I last visited both yesterday and today at 12:21pm even though I have come and gone several times during both days, it's "stuck" at 12:21pm.

Well, like I say it works fine for me, as shown below hopefully? When I search on your name abstract it also works for me.

Alternatively- you could always try and click on your profiles and then "all member's topics" and "all member's posts".

Please note- that the first few topics when you search on your name are the "Pinned topics" so your most recent posts show say 4th result downwards.

Attachments

• 2day.jpg
    2day.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 159
make sure you are searching the entire forum, not just the announcements section...the posts i mentioned should show up but dont for me...could someone else give it a shot and see if the "snails," etc posts show up for them when searching all of the different forums? lol, maybe i'm crazy :mama: :eek:sama: haha, osama smiley

William said:
Please note- that the first few topics when you search on your name are the "Pinned topics" so your most recent posts show say 4th result downwards.
[snapback]844150[/snapback]​
Did you see this? Maybe they are there afterall :) :thumbs:

William said:
William said:
[snapback]844150[/snapback]​
Did you see this? Maybe they are there afterall :) :thumbs:
[snapback]844226[/snapback]​

lol yes i understand that the top ones are the pinned topics...but, regardless every time i search for my name, GF225's planted 34 gallon article is first after the pinned topics...and none of the ones i have posted in today or yesterday are showing up! in the screenshot, you should see at least 5 or 10 other topics i've been involved in (which show up when i search for my last posts in My Assistant with titles like "Snails," "need some help", etc), but there is no trace of them....

here is an example of what is happening....i just created a "test" topic in announcements, when i search it is actually there, above GF225's thread....i then replied in the "Bogwood" topic (which was created today) in tropical chit chat and searched - that DOESN'T show up..i then replied to the "left frozen bloodworms out all night" thread (which was created before the change) in tropical chit chat and that shows up in my search...when i search for my name, any topic that was created after the change, that i reply in, does NOT show up (it only shows up if i create the topic)...

if anyone would search for my name (under "filter by member name" - Annastasia, i believe you put my name into the 'search by keywords" field, right?) - do you see the "bogwood" thread? i don't... what about "test" and "left frozen bloodworms out all night"? those, i see...

if this only happens to me when i search for my name, and nobody else when they search for my name, i agree that it is extremly odd....but, if others searching for my name see what i am talking about, then at least i know i'm not crazy ;)

Really like the sandy coloured skin :cool:

All in all a perfect transfer to the lastest board version. For a free forum this is better than any forum I have a yearly subscription on :thumbs:

thanks for a really good, friendly forum :)

William said:
How about now (searching for member names). Also have you used my assistant for looking at threads you have posted in.

Also what skin did you use before the upgrade?
[snapback]843771[/snapback]​

Search is working great for me, thanks! :D And no, I'd never tried ' My Assistant', I'm not much of a person to go around clicking everything to find out what it means, from now on though, they might actually be a very helpful function, thank you for pointing that out :)

I used the normal default skin, whichever that might have been. Pretty much the same colours as this really, just ... less ' smooth' for the lack of words. It's sharper, kind of jumps on you ... never mind that, just can't explain :p It's probably just the fact I really have to get used to this.

Thanks a lot for all though :D

Yep, it takes a little getting used to.
I must say, I preferredt he "old" method and icons to see which post have been read and replied to and which have new posts to them. I don't particularly like the little suitcases :huh:

bloozoo2 said:
I don't particularly like the little suitcases :huh:
[snapback]844762[/snapback]​

:lol: :lol: get will to change them to handbags :rofl:

It's not a big deal and if a few people feel the same, I would have no problem changing the little suitcases back to the little envelopes.
f_norm_no.gif
:)

@ Abstract- I think I've located the problem! The search limits the results to 1000, simply select "search any posts from..." and then 7 days or newer (or 30 etc...) and that will show up all the posts. Hope this gets it cracked. :wizard:

Most reactions

Back