For All The Advice...

no probs. alwyas good to see another essex based member :good:


woo colchester! Im in chelmsford... where do you get your fish etc from? Would be nice to visit some different places around here! x

my blue acara geophagus surinamensis kribs corys firemouth and vinny came from seapets in colchester ( who now dont deserve the bad rep they used to have) my golden nugget came from wildwoods ( enfield mail ordered it ) my rotkeil was another mail order jobby from trimar.

what lfs do you use?
 
192-scared-turtle.gif


worked, nice one, tank look's great, weldone :good:
 
no probs. alwyas good to see another essex based member :good:


woo colchester! Im in chelmsford... where do you get your fish etc from? Would be nice to visit some different places around here! x

my blue acara geophagus surinamensis kribs corys firemouth and vinny came from seapets in colchester ( who now dont deserve the bad rep they used to have) my golden nugget came from wildwoods ( enfield mail ordered it ) my rotkeil was another mail order jobby from trimar.

what lfs do you use?

Have you been to Swallows Aquatics? The one in colchester is pretty naff, but the raliegh one is wickid. All my fish are from there. I havnt been to any of those, il defo hav to go there though, i love visiting new fish shops :) woo! where is seapets in colchester?
 
the red gravel isnt my cup of tea to be honest but nice set-up. like the planting :good:

i havent been to swallows in rayleigh for years but when i went it was really good. swallows in colchester is worse than naff its nothing short of disgraceful. theres one near ipswich called rats cats and elephants which is meant to be quite good. i may have to check it out 1 day .

seapets in colchester is at tolgate
 
youve done well.. i agree about the gravel colour, but saying that its still a very nice tank and you obviously love it:)
love the plants :) it`ll be much more enjoyable for you from here on in.. look forward to seeing lots more pics of the tank in the future :)


shelagh xxxxxxxx
 
It does look more red in the pics than it does in real life but yeh i should have gone for a diffo colour i think... ohwel cant change it now!

The best thing about my tank is I got it for free when my boyfriend got a bigger one and the ornaments (all apart from the ship) were £1 in a sale in my LFS :)
 
It does look more red in the pics than it does in real life but yeh i should have gone for a diffo colour i think... ohwel cant change it now!

The best thing about my tank is I got it for free when my boyfriend got a bigger one and the ornaments (all apart from the ship) were £1 in a sale in my LFS :)

I see you use Stingrays aswell , just a tip hun , if you're still using the filter cartridges stop , they waste money having to but them all the time
remove them and buy some sponge you can cut to fit one side -where the cartridges go and add some floss to the other side - filter works perfectly and then you just rinse the sponges out when you need to in tank water
 
It does look more red in the pics than it does in real life but yeh i should have gone for a diffo colour i think... ohwel cant change it now!

The best thing about my tank is I got it for free when my boyfriend got a bigger one and the ornaments (all apart from the ship) were £1 in a sale in my LFS :)

I see you use Stingrays aswell , just a tip hun , if you're still using the filter cartridges stop , they waste money having to but them all the time
remove them and buy some sponge you can cut to fit one side -where the cartridges go and add some floss to the other side - filter works perfectly and then you just rinse the sponges out when you need to in tank water

Thanks for the advice :) I think I shall do that! I had a small eel and he got trapped in the stupid plastic bit on the side :( I found him half inside the filter the next morning... poor little guy. No more eels for me!
 
It does look more red in the pics than it does in real life but yeh i should have gone for a diffo colour i think... ohwel cant change it now!

The best thing about my tank is I got it for free when my boyfriend got a bigger one and the ornaments (all apart from the ship) were £1 in a sale in my LFS :)

I see you use Stingrays aswell , just a tip hun , if you're still using the filter cartridges stop , they waste money having to but them all the time
remove them and buy some sponge you can cut to fit one side -where the cartridges go and add some floss to the other side - filter works perfectly and then you just rinse the sponges out when you need to in tank water

Thanks for the advice :) I think I shall do that! I had a small eel and he got trapped in the stupid plastic bit on the side :( I found him half inside the filter the next morning... poor little guy. No more eels for me!

awww poor things
 
Your tiger barb prob feels lonely. Good tank but that gravel is very red.

Your cat looks pretty relaxed in that garden =)
 
Your tiger barb prob feels lonely. Good tank but that gravel is very red.

Your cat looks pretty relaxed in that garden =)

Why would by barb be lonely when he has 3 other barbs to play around with lol and a clown loach who thinks hes one of them.

My cat lol i didnt realise them pics uploaded too lol woops!!

Yeh I know the gravel is very striking.... next time im gna use sand i think... for my first proper tank I think its ok :)

xx
 
lovely setup there i see you have took time doing it looks really good :thumbs:

Thankyou!

Wish I went for black gravel or sand, the red is a bit overpowering but ohwell... maybe on the next tank :)
yer i have green gravel in one of mine then i seen sand and set my new one up with it love it so much :hyper: but its a nice tank what fish u have stocked???
 

Most reactions

Back
Top