Fluval A101 Air Pump = Garbage

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PewPewChris

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a fluval A101 air pump sitting around I ordered on Amazon. Thing is so loud it is unusable. Shame too, I really like Fluval products overall.

Sitting around meaning it was previously used or absolutely new? What are you pumping? A plugged/old airstone or partially blocked airline tube will provide enough back pressure to make the pump noisy.

Brand new, out of the box from Amazon. I know how to install a simple air stone, so it's not a user error. Something in the housing, when the hose connects to the output, causes a god awful buzzing.

Right, got it you are not a new aquarist. You never know the experience level of a poster. I have helped new aquarists when they place pumps well below or many feet away from a deep tank and hear loud noise. Another reason is finding they have so many accessories like pirate chests and sunken ships that the pump is straining. But in your case, it sounds like the diaphragm is defective. Oh well. Like you, I too have been pleased with Fluval products. Perhaps contact them and see if they will assist?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back