FishForums.net January 2018 Tank of the Month!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
fishforums-toftm-jpg.82047

FishForums.net is proud to announce the January 2018 Tank of the Month Contest!

How do I enter?
Post one photo or video in this thread along with a nice detailed write-up of your tank. The write up should include a good description of your tank, water parameters, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.

* You must be the owner of the tank.
* Video can be uploaded to youtube, and then a link to the video may be posted in this thread.
* Only one photo will be allowed, so make it your best!
* A description is required!

The deadline for entries is Jan 25th, 2018 at 03:00 PM EST. The winner will be voted upon by FishForums.net Members.. Good luck everyone, and may the best Tank win!

What do I win?
The winner will receive a Tank of the Month badge and be featured on FishForums.net.

Everyone is welcome to participate, so jump right in and enter today!

CJDjCcn.jpg

Tank Horizon 65l tank.
FilterPISCES LABORATORIES SH200 HOB,
Heater Aquael Easy heater.
LightAqua One Smart Touch (6w) LED Clip on Light

Stocking
1 Male Betta
1 Baby BN
15 Kuhli Loaches.
70 plus Red Cherry shrimp.
1 Mystery snail
Unknown number Malaysian Trumpet snails.

Plants

Crypts,
Annubias
Water sprite ( Floating )
Duck Weed ( Floating )

Maintenance

Water change 50% once a week.
I do not vacuum the substrate, Kinda hard with all those plants.
Water conditioner Easy-Life Filter Medium
Seachem Flourish complete supplement for the planted tank, 2 mill when I remember

I sometimes clean the front glass.

Last edited:
TANK: Aqueon 2.5 BettaBow, Hooded Light with LED Switch. Filter Kit Included, takes filter cartridges, Aqueon Mini Heater
10 WATT.
STOCKING:
1 Albino Cory Catfish

1 Female Betta
PLANTS:

Java Fern
Moss Balls
MAINTENANCE:

ONCE A WEEK, I do a 50% water change.
A YouTube short video clip of my aquarium. Link:

Last edited:
My first planted tank 13 months in. Water is a little hard and high in nitrates... 50% water changes weekly. Dosing with flourish and leaf zone weekly. Still just running just one 4" t8 65k hardware store bulb. Most all the plants came out of petco tubes. Who said plants wouldn't grow over a ugf? Also running a sunsun can.

20171224_131749-1.jpg

Hi

I know this is not the place for this discussion, can you please start a new post called " Help with tank maintenance "
ONCE A WEEK, I shut the heater off, I remove the plants and place them in a bowl with 50% of the water I removed from the tank. I clean and trim the plants if needed. I rinse the boat decoration under running hot water and pat it dry with a clean paper towel. I take out the fish and gently place them in a deep bowl

All of this is actually doing more harm than good. I will gladly help you set up your tank and show you how to maintain it the easy way like I do with my tanks.

Just a thought...

When I joined this forum a few years ago, I submitted photos for the TOTM, but was told the competition was no longer running..

Would it be acceptable to submit the historical photos of that time to enter this month's competition?

Go ahead and do it as I don't know how long it will take for them to get to you.If it breaks a rule they will just remove it.No harm done.

Well. in the absence of any comments to the contrary, here is a (poor quality) video of my return to fish keeping, around 3 years ago.

The tank is a jewel Rekord 70 litre obtained from my brother (Lawnmower) when he upgraded, incorporating the supplied interal filter.heater box. This was all hidden behind a custom designed 3D rock wall as described on posts about my recent project "Fluval Roma 200 renovation". All flitration and heating is conducted in a plastic box at the rear right corner of the tank, behind the rock wall. 2 Cave structures were built in to the design to allow smooth water flow at surface level and slightly lower.

Planting at this time was Anubius Nana Bonsai fixed to the bogwood, crypts in the corners, Alternatheria Rheinicki, huge amounts of Hygrophilia (as it keeps spreading) and (I think) some kind of Amazon Sword athe rear/left.

Occupants at this time were cherry barbs, guppies and kohaku/tanchu swordtails along with harlequins and neons.

25% water changes are done every week, as wel as replacing the filter fibre every 6 weeks and cleaning the biological sponges every 3-6 months.

Feeding is normally flake, with bonus treats of frozen daphnia, bloodworm or brine shrimp once or twice a week. Weekly doses of Easy Life Profito for the plants.

Hope you enjoy... (And I'm able to link the video ok)

Weekly doses of Easy Life Profito
I might try that, Im a fan of Easy Life I use the Fluid filter media.

Hi

I know this is not the place for this discussion, can you please start a new post called " Help with tank maintenance "
I removed this from my post.

All of this is actually doing more harm than good. I will gladly help you set up your tank and show you how to maintain it the easy way like I do with my tanks.

I'm no good at taking full tank photos but here you go.

Normal 10gal tank with the run of the mill tetra heater and internal HOB filter (can you see it?)

Light is a normal T8 tube of 15 watts

Plants are anubias, crypts, duckweed, a few stems of water wisteria.

Inhabitants are a male plakat betta, 1 nerite snails, rams horn and trumpet snails, 2 black kuhli loaches who are the survivors of a cold spell and maybe an amono shrimp which I haven't seen since the day I added it.

This is a low light, low tech, dirted tank. Been going for 3ish years. The original got a leak in it and I had to move everything to a spare, scratched up 10gal. Was originally a betta sorority for 4, now it is Otabek's man cave.

Weekly 50% water changes, pH of 7.8 or so, relatively hard water, temp at 78F
IMG_2356.JPG

Im a sucker for crypts. My 2 footer is slowly getting taken over by them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back