Fisherman - Any One Go Fishing!

British Columbia, Canada
the Fraser river
salmon and sturgeon
6 foot, 100+ pound, white sturgeon, and for salmon 47 pound Chinook, or "king salmon"

i love fishing the Fraser river it is so much fun and it has possably the best freshwater salmon or sturgeon fishing in the world!

I live in the heart of illinois and went to a church camp in wescosin called sky lodge. I brought my 30 pound test line. I was fishing and only got 4 or 5 pound sunfish and a few small bass. Then I felt a tug that pulled me in the water and my friends held onto me ad I was reeling in a bass that was gigger than my torso! As I was reeling it in It jumped and snapped the rod and line in half!!!! I am guessing that the fish wieghed way more than 30 pounds.

I'm not much of a (Michigan) fisherman, but I have caught perch in the thumb, walleye in Lake Erie, went smelt "drinking" ... I mean fishing in Tawas and attempted fly-fishing for the first time last year in the Pere Marquette River and caught a few salmon.

To be honest, I'm in it more for the beer and getting away from the city. :drinks:

I haven't fished as much since I've gotten older (used to heaps when I was younger) and had forgotten how much I used to enjoy it. I went fishing a few weeks ago on holiday and I am thinking of doing it alot more often again.

The main places I used to fish at were the various streams/creeks/lakes/dams/reservoirs around Ballarat, the river at Horsham (used to attend a comp they had there every year), Saint Kilda pier in Melbourne and various places in Geelong and along the Great Ocean Road (a beautiful stretch of coastline near where I live) but I have fished at other places around the joint (fished in Darwin once but didn't have a ton of luck). I am looking forward to throwing a line in at St Kilda pier at the soonest possible chance I get and wouldn't mind having a go along Great Ocean Road again (I was at a place called Port Arlington a few weeks ago and we caught a few snapper and some flathead (one very nicely sized - about 2 foot long) and a dozen or so starfish, they are bloody ravenous there and love pinching ya bait! :lol:

As for what I fish for, I don't really care as long as it's on the line. Even if it's not something I would take home it's always interesting to see what comes up (even the damn thieving starfish :lol: ).

Most reactions

Back