Fisherman - Any One Go Fishing!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
hey i live in the UK/WALES and fish alot of lakes and canals, mostly for tench because i think tench give you the best fight and they are a green olive colour with red or orange eyes. My biggest fish that ive caught was 11lbs ghost carp which i caught on sweetcorn in a place called llantarnam ponds, he was beautiful :drool:

anyway just wondering:-

where are you from?
where you fish?
what you fish for?
what your biggest fish is?

where are you from?
where you fish?
what you fish for?

Minnesota, off of one of the many lakes close by, anything, a huge sunfish (im not sure how big exactly though)

I havent fished alot. I like fishing but im not really serious about it and i dont buy any specialized stuff, but one day i caught 13 bullheads and one of them swallowed the hook, the problem with bullheads is that i hate them and they're the easiest to catch but its either really hard to get the hook out or they swallow the hook alltogether

My most favorite moment was that i got a small Northern Pike out of the water and then it broke the line (Yep, that the best ive did)

I like to catch Carp though, I know people hate carp because of blah blah blah, but i like them and they dont taste bad like everyone makes them out to be.

There is a stream that connects our chain of 5 lakes or so and i like to catch Carp in there (My grandpa used to catch them every day in there)

I haven't gone fishing in a while but my five most common places to fish were here on Long Island, NY:

1) Off the beach, Atlantic Ocean, West End II near the jetty. My dad and I used to cast in and set the poles in the sand. We'd bring in 'sea robins', flounder, spider or blue crabs, puffers

2) Great South Bay, off the boat, for fluke and flounder

3) Montauk, tip of Long Island, for weakfish

4) Party boats for blue fish

5) Small man made lake near my house for sunnies and smallmouth bass.

Largest/ best fight was at the end of the day coming home on a party boat. The Captain steered us towards an area of 'white water'. My dad fixed me up with a silver lure and all you had to do was cast into it and people were bringing in blues left and right. Those fish really fight. I pulled in one between 2-3 feet. SH

I used to shore fish on the south coast of the UK where i live but havent been for about a year.
In the summer i did alot of mackerell spining and clocked up about 100 mackerell per summer.
Mostly i fished for salt water bass.
The biggest one ive ever caught was about 8lb.
I ate mostly everything i cuaght or cooked it for othere but the 8lb was a meal for 8.

Isn't mackerel one of the fishiest tasting fish you can eat? SH

where are you from?
where you fish?
what you fish for?

1) Hartford, WI USA
2) Anywhere I can, a large pond/river nearby, Ice fishing lakes nearby, Troll for Walleyes on Winnebago, Milwaukee and Port Washington for Trout and Salmon.
3) Walleyes, Trout, Salmon, PANFISH in general, Northern Pike, Bass, Anything that bites.
4) A 26 lb Chinook Salmon :p

where are you from?
where you fish?
what you fish for?

1)staffodshire
2)various places (mainly fly fishing) i go to delbury hall quite alot, they used to stock golden trout.
3)mainly trout sometimes grayling, also for roach rudd and perch
4)fly:6lbs rainbow
course: 7lbs barbel

hey guppy man. cwmbran is up north isnt it? im from south wales do alot of course fishing and fishing off the cliffs by rocilly for mackerel and bass and whatever.

where are you from?
where you fish?
what you fish for?

Hi! Haven't been fishing in a while but i took up the hobby with my partner and have found that i have a slight talent for it!! as well as really enjoying it! I'm from the midlands and there are a few nice lakes, canals and resevoirs around here to choose from!

I mainly fish for Carp, Tench, Perch (although I don't always mean to catch them! :lol:), anything my bait or the water lets me have really...

My biggest fish was my very first carp - 8lbs, caught totally by accident and right at the end of the day when we were packing up...
4295570.jpg

4295568.jpg

So proud i had to have a photo!!! (although the other half was even more proud!!!)

:lol:

1. New Hampshire USA

2. Any pond or lake that I know of that has good Largemouth Bass fishing

3. Large and Smallmouth Bass

4. My largest fish was a 5.4 pound Largemouth that I got at Pawtuckaway State Park last summer. He put up a heck of a fight. I know 5.4 lbs doesn't sound like much but up here LMB doesn't grow as large as it does in FLA and whatnot, down there you can catch 15-20 pound bass. In my state the record is 8.7 pounds.

CARP FISHING!!! me and my bro have got all the gear, added up 2 £1,500! and my pb is 14lb common carp! bit rubbish seeing how they go up to 83lb!! (british record i think, or world!) its gr8 and we always sleep at the lakes, well get woken up by OTHER peoples bite alarms! :fun: :drink:

dany cwmbran is in south wales next to NEWPORT, CARDIFF.
just came back from fishing in my local canal, using troutpellet paste on the bottom caught a massive 4lb tench lol, not very big but fin perfect, and just noticed we now have more than 1 9lb pike in our canals :/ , hope they dont eat most of the fish :lol: aswell as catching the tench i also caught alot of perch rudd and roach on maggots. :D all in all a pretty good days fishing, still a bit windy :nod:

Hey im from bristol i fish mostly lakes for carp and tench my biggest tench is 8lb 4oz and my biggest carp is 26lb 8oz not giants by any means but good fish all the same

I live in the states....Washington. I started fishing last summer and love it! (except the gutting part! I refuse! :shifty: ) We usually go to the San Juan Islands and fish for salmon which is now closed! We will go there this weekend to fish for Halibut......Sunday is opening day!
Here is a picture of the salmon I caught about a month ago........16.5lbs! :nod:
Out on the boat.............
tandt.jpg

and here is the salmon! I am looking a little rough after 2 days on the boat, also maybe a few too many beers! :lol:
fish.jpg

Oh and........we got this the same day as the salmon while trolling! Threw it back of course! :thumbs:
108323875333_290.jpg

I do a fair bit of fly fishing for trout, on both lakes around the uk and streams in scotland every summer. When I was younger I lived in Fermanagh (northern ireland) which if any of you have been there is fantastic for course fishing, so obviously that was what I pursued there. I have a friend who still lives there who has an awesome pike lake, I've yet to try flyfishing for them, but I landed a 12lber, which was dwarfed by the 23lb caught by my mate (local knowledge!!) apparently he is confident that he will break the Irish record on this lake (the record is currently 39lb). He has landed several fish over 30lbs from it (he knows they are different because he tags them).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back