Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If I remember rightly i think my 1st fairground Goldy lived next the cooker. I have no idea why it was kept there. I think Mum liked to watch him/her while cooking.
Well one day mum was cooking and was heating the "Thuvva" Dunno what the english word is, Very Flat Frying Pan.
And he jumped out his bowl onto it and was cooked alive.

Mum was beside herself for ages.

I forgot about a 2gallon tank of Minnows and 2 months later, they were all still there, and had been eating mozzies larvae. The tank was Open Top.

Thanks Gill, for bringing this topic back in line.... You see!... That's what I'm talking about.... The little inadvertant mishaps..... No matter how gruesome it must've been for the little fishy to litterally jump into the frying pan, it happened, and it is irreversable.... or to put it blatantly, S%#t happens....... Thinkingly, or not thinkingly, S%#t happens. (no more attacks on the person, but let it serve as warning to others ...."Do not try this at home")

i cleaned a tank ornament once. i took it out and left it for a few hours before cleaning it. on inspection i found a 1 inch BN dead in one of the crevices. you live and learn, however my stupidity did not give the fish that chance.

Well i was little and at a fish store a bag with guppie in it broke and i picked them up and put them in the nearest tank..... which had piranhas in it they were killed instantly.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done to yer fish"??...
silly bloody question. I killed them all, can't do much worse than that :(

Ah! Colin.... You're just saying that cos you don't want to streak down the main road???..... :lol: What were the circumstances.... (maybe justified... or just "a silly bloody" mishap)??

i fully accept your comments, with one proviso. this is a public forum. therefore it is not beyond the realms of possibility that someone could read this thread, and take the comments, if they remain unchallenged, as something that was the norm in Cray keeping.

if you read the topic from the beginning, it would be obvious that kj now knows she was wrong to remove the pinchers from her cray.
i did read and fully understand the thread. my Thoughts on the matter remain unchanged. and that as far as i am concerned is, the end of it.
Did you know that if it wasn't a natural part of a crays life the pinchers wouldn't have the ability to grow back? They get broken off all the time in nature and grow back w/every molt. :rolleyes:

:*

:lol:

Don't worry guys. This persons not making me feel bad or anything. I can have fun w/it as he's the one who's upset over something that happened years ago and and wasting his time on this idiotic thing to waste time on :good:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the worst sorry god damn excuse ive ever heard!!, So just because it happens in nature I can do it?.....

Ok im going to start eating all my fish, and their eggs?, No because that is insane so is your method of explaining your reasons. This may be years ago but its still valid today. Just because years have past you think people will forget, so if I go break someones hands off or to the more extreme kill them and hide for a few years you think I will get away with it? NO....Stop being silly women JESUS....

I might not be making you feel bad but thats probally because you have no moral fibre at all you nasty piece of work.

And Yes I may be dwelling in the past, But those who forget all the time wont know where they are at in life so...

I leave you with this... YOU JUST GOT SMOKED!

for gods sake...this thread was started to say what people have done wrong..of course people are ashamed now..ill bet you've done some things like us in he past:p

for gods sake...this thread was started to say what people have done wrong..of course people are ashamed now..ill bet you've done some things like us in he past:p

Ace was just teasing kj (he has a crush on her :hey: ), it was all just fun and games for them. :good:

Hmmm. It was a while back when i was around 7 or 8 years old ( about 7 years ago), and my brother got some guppies and a half 2 liter bottles with them in it. So, that night he went of to church camp, and we had PIzza. Well, i figuerd, man those fish are starving, let me feed them. SO i put a slice in there to let them eat it. The next morning, WOOPS, they were all dead, and the water looked like milk. I also, regret i ever did this. Was 10 or 11 ( about 4 to 5 years ago), wanted to change my tank ( only had a 30 g tank atm) into a lizard tank. Soo, i took all the fish out, and threw them at the ceiling and they all died. Then i flushed them. I cant bleive i did that. I must have been on drugs or something, Needless to say, i never got the tank cahnged into a lizard tank.
* Shame on me*

Soo, i took all the fish out, and threw them at the ceiling and they all died. Then i flushed them.

Oh that is bad, but I have to admit I started laughing at the mental image of someone chucking fish at the ceiling. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I feel horrible the fish had to suffer, but that's just hilarious.

Soo, i took all the fish out, and threw them at the ceiling and they all died. Then i flushed them.

Oh that is bad, but I have to admit I started laughing at the mental image of someone chucking fish at the ceiling. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I feel horrible the fish had to suffer, but that's just hilarious.
I have to agree with you there! :lol:

Krib theres something wrong with you, whats wrong with throwing them on the floor? Or just flushing them? Was the ceiling a more humane option :rofl:

Haha fish throwing.Must of left a mess on the ceiling.
...Why would you do that, I mean whyy :sick: Seriously if you did that you must of been bathing in fishy guts.

For me it's probably stunting most of my Discus quite badly after slacking for about 2-3months, now most are dead (2 1/2 years on). :crazy: When I was a complete chump (about 5 years ago) I overstocked my 20 gal tank so that it had 3 sevs, 2 dwarf cichlids 2 raphael catfish, a plec and a rainbowfish (well something like that, probably more I can't remember).

The texas killed everything apart from the plec, raphaels, and 2 of the sevs, which were breeding.I should think it was the only reason they survived since the female still got a battering.The other one which died was a smaller rokteil.

This is when I actually decided to look up and read books on cichlids, a very steep learning curve :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back