Fish that you would never keep again.

I have to keep guppies or my leaf fish would starve :lol:

I will never get any more:
Bettas-take up space
Tetras-brain dead
Danios-Same as tetras
Rainbow cichlids-Way too skittish, breed too much
Blue gouramis- Too aggressive for a gourami, takes up space
Pearl gouramis-They bore me
Otos- mine have failed in doing the job I got them for :P
Jewel cichlids- Too aggressive, reproduce to quickly
Fish I didn't have but will never have:
Platies-Bore me
Mollies-Bore me
Fancy guppies-Bore me

I hope I don't offend anyone :P

I think I have the biggest list so far :lol: :unsure:
 
GUPPIES!! They also drove me crazy...harassing eachother, nipping eachother, just constant stress! They died young too :S The ones I had were quite small and thin...I bet if they weren't bred so hard you'd find them to be much hardier and live longer.

I finally sold all of mine to my lfs last month and got platies instead :)

CFC - Why such a strong hate towards platies, swordies, bettas and mollies :-( They are quite beautiful fish :wub: Least I think so :P
 
Elisabeth83 said:
GUPPIES!! They also drove me crazy...harassing eachother, nipping eachother, just constant stress! They died young too :S The ones I had were quite small and thin...I bet if they weren't bred so hard you'd find them to be much hardier and live longer.

I finally sold all of mine to my lfs last month and got platies instead :)

CFC - Why such a strong hate towards platies, swordies, bettas and mollies :-( They are quite beautiful fish :wub: Least I think so :P
What's the difference between guppies and platies? They always seemed to be very alike to me :P
 
I have to say Guppies aswell, going back a few years ( 15 plus ) they used to be more hardier than the ones we get these days. I lost 5 in one night about 5 years ago ( no reason ).
 
hey, dont diss the platties or bettas! There are many diffrent kinds, especially bettas that are rare and beautiful.

I would never keep jewel cichlids again! Or Mbunas!
 
bettas, guppies, platies, molloies, tetras, danions, gouramai.

oh and i absolutely can't stand fancy goldfish. today at seapets i even went against picking the goldfish design points card because i hate them so much.
 
Elephant nose fish or watever the annoying things are called. Harassed all my other fish then went and died lol
 
I would say guppies, but considering that I just bought 5 of them, I guess I'll have to cross that off my list... These are feeders, which for some reason I find fascinating. I don't like the fancy ones, though.

I'd never keep mollies because I hate how they look, and tetras and danios are boring in my personal opinion.
 
Please can I add tp my list of Guppies?. I'd also like to add Zebra Danios, reason being dull and boring and yuck.
 
wrs said:
hey, dont diss the platties or bettas! There are many diffrent kinds, especially bettas that are rare and beautiful.

I would never keep jewel cichlids again! Or Mbunas!
psss. Everyone I think this guys being funny,

I would never keep goldfish in a tank again becasue their too messy ponds are okay still,

I will never keep pesodtropheus elongatus, there to hard to sex and an odd combination of the most picked on fish in my tank and most agresive fish
 
*despair* i actually really like my guppies... they're dumb as bricks but they eat like pigs, are completely unafraid of anything, always investigating, and all over my tank really. its so cute to see them rush to the corner when i get home from school, the rotten little beggars. :wub: of course mine are the 3rd or 4th generation from an original 2, so its PAST time to shove all the males out the door. i think i'm going to replace them with some bright red platys.

I will never, ever keep bumblebee gobies. they are probably the cutest fish on the planet but are sedentary, irritable, and so hard to feed if your LFS only sell flake. i've never owned them, but my neighbor killed 3 or 4 in a month, one after another. too much effort for no pay-off.

i'll also never get another common pleco. i'd much rather have 3 or 4 bristlenoses or clowns. :hey:

my female guppies:
females.jpg


lousy males won't hold still enough for a photo.
 
I'd never keep Mollies again. They are moody, greedy and I just don't like them.
Also Zebra Danios. Active fish they are but they just look so boring.
 
I never said Zebras were slow I just said dul ( ugly ), boring (ugly) and yuck (ugly)
:D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top