Fish 'Shed' Is under construction!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Go solar. Only about four grand to set up a fish house. That means you will break-even in about 2015... :lol:

sub.

I was going to set the rabbits to work on a wheel...
oh and feed the rain water through a water wheel :)

no he just isnt taking photos cause its a mess :lol:

ok... but it'll be a while... I've still got 2 gaps for more tanks... then I'll consider it finished :p

tell you what though... its expensive to run.

For anyone thinking about it... our electricity bill has gone up from £75 for a quater upto £220 :X

I'm just hopeing that was the most expensive as it was the coldest bit of the year...

ok... but it'll be a while... I've still got 2 gaps for more tanks... then I'll consider it finished :p

For anyone thinking about it... our electricity bill has gone up from £75 for a quater upto £220 :X

I'm just hopeing that was the most expensive as it was the coldest bit of the year...

yeah youll be lucky :good: :fun: :lol:

My god, what heaters are you using?
Mine costs about £10 a month to run, using 2 tubular heaters connected to a thermostat and a big air pump to filter the tanks.

Welldone....

This is impressive. Have you thought of insulating the sides of the aqaurium and placing the insulation foam rubbers on the pipes?
Also if it isnt needed to look through the glas in the day would be to put a curtain or a styrofoam window over ont he front of the aquarium. this will save loads electric also on the roof if you lay garden hose on the roof this will warm up and you could pump this around.

or if you can get a central heating pipe to go from the house through the garage and into the shed for the winter i dont think that you will see so much of a differance in costs. this may save you loads on electricity.

hmmm.... central heating radiator in the shed, with a thermostatic valve... now there's a good idea !!! :D

Russ, something for you and your dad to work on when he's got a quite couple of days !!!! lol

With my 6x2x2 out in the garage the quarterly bill over the winter went up from about £200 to £380.... And im having to foot the bill DAMN IT!!!!!

Ben

Mine costs about £10 a month to run, using 2 tubular heaters connected to a thermostat and a big air pump to filter the tanks.

I'm running each of the tanks seperatly with seperate heaters and power filters...

I can believe it only costs you £10 a month - sorry.

As for the heating idea... I'd thought about it.. but the heating would have to be on for that to work...
I'ts not on at the moment and wont be all through the summer...

I'm running each of the tanks seperatly with seperate heaters and power filters...

As for the heating idea... I'd thought about it.. but the heating would have to be on for that to work...

In the summer you could used the hose pipe on the roof to heat the tanks and in the winter you could use the central heating.

In the summer you could used the hose pipe on the roof to heat the tanks and in the winter you could use the central heating.

I'm sure the temp of the water in the hose would get too hot...
that would mean having to buy a chiller or some cool temp sensing plumbing...

hmm...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back