Fish 'Shed' Is under construction!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smithrc> Could you run a high output pump in a small tank with one large heater and have all the tanks drain to that one?

With the overall saving I think It maybe worth looking in to

smithrc> Could you run a high output pump in a small tank with one large heater and have all the tanks drain to that one?

I've set them up individually to allow different water perameters etc... I have some fisah at 25º and other at 30º - that and the plumbing involved put me off...

I'm sure the temp of the water in the hose would get too hot...
that would mean having to buy a chiller or some cool temp sensing plumbing...

hmm...

Ok so now you could dig a hole beside your shed and place a garden hose in the gound 3- 4m deep coil it around a drum then fill the hole in you could have the hot water. Buy a large rain water bucket and have your tank water poor into that have hour hot water loop in the water and your cold water loop in the water then have two temprature sensors in it. if it is to hot the cold water loop runs. if it is to cold the hot water loop runs. this will keep the large resivour bucket at a constant temprature.

Ha Ha

I did it i thought of a way you could do it.. Not sure if it is cheaper.. well it will be cheaper in the long run...

Not to rain on your parade matt, but heat is heat so at some point He'll have to input the same amount of electrical energy whether its through one heater or a bunch of them. Actually smirthc, I think Fozzy's idea of piping through your roof is a great idea. Judging from your pictures you're going through a LOT of heat energy through evaporation especially if that shed isnt heated. True, roof tiles and attics get really hot during the summer months, but if you put a water based heat exchanger there, it probably really isnt all that much heat energy. Remember, roofing tiles are insulators so they will build up temperature but not necessarily too much energy. Thats a really tough thermodynamics question :)

ok... but it'll be a while... I've still got 2 gaps for more tanks... then I'll consider it finished :p

tell you what though... its expensive to run.

For anyone thinking about it... our electricity bill has gone up from £75 for a quater upto £220 :X

I'm just hopeing that was the most expensive as it was the coldest bit of the year...
My god, what heaters are you using?
Mine costs about £10 a month to run, using 2 tubular heaters connected to a thermostat and a big air pump to filter the tanks.

I'm running each of the tanks seperatly with seperate heaters and power filters...

I can believe it only costs you £10 a month - sorry.

As for the heating idea... I'd thought about it.. but the heating would have to be on for that to work...
I'ts not on at the moment and wont be all through the summer...

believe me it does, we pay direct debit and thats how much our payments have went up a month after the shed was running for a year. the power filters will be eating the electricity too, i have mine running from a big air pump.

if you all go look in the buy sell swap section youll see he is turning it off and selling up

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back