Fish need schools, but I’m afraid of overstocking

This might help. Your bottom pick is a bit dark so you might have a better idea.
5B8F6CBB-445B-4686-97D2-31798E20814A.jpeg

I think they’re male and female? Here’s another pic

View attachment 113395
I think they’re male and female? Here’s another pic
Tough to tell from that angle but yeah looks like a female. If they dont bond youll know real quick as the male will corner the female and kill her over night one day.
I had a rescue pair of angels the female laid some eggs and then ate them laid some more and the male killed her. I took the male to a fish store they were happy to take an Angel. Having said that i still think you have too many fish for a 29. A 29 might be ok for a bonded pair with maybe a small shoal of dither fish, but even then angels will eat small tetras like neons so...

We also have not seen the parameters, especially GH and pH. Now that softish water and harder water species are included, this needs to be mentioned please.
I just tested my water, it is hard, I’m putting in water softener today, ph is on the alkaline side. No ammonia, nitrates, or nitrites

Oh, I got it tested at a pet store and they told me it was hard and gave me something to put in my filter, I remember seeing bright orange on the test strip, but idk if that was hardness or something else
I’d hold on a few minutes if I was you. Seriously.
What figures and measurement of hardness have you?
What do you mean by water softener?
I and dozens of other forum members would be deliriously happy if softening water was that easy. It isn’t.
The only way to safely reduce hardness is by mixing tap water with pure water such as RO. Adding chemicals is not the way to do it, if only because soft water fish need few chemicals in the water not more.

How hard is hard? We need numbers.

Oh, I got it tested at a pet store and they told me it was hard and gave me something to put in my filter, I remember seeing bright orange on the test strip, but idk if that was hardness or something else
Go to your local county water Co. Website. They should have on the web site water quality report GH of water.
GH stands for general hardness and is the measurement of calcium and magnesium.
If not a degree number look for a ppm if not a single ppm for GH add the listed ppm of calcium and magnesium and divide by 17.9

Go to your local county water Co. Website. They should have on the web site water quality report GH of water.
GH stands for general hardness and is the measurement of calcium and magnesium.
If not a degree number look for a ppm if not a single ppm for GH add the listed ppm of calcium and magnesium and divide by 17.9
The information was not available in my area, I’m going to try to get a gh and kh testing kit

I’d hold on a few minutes if I was you. Seriously.
What figures and measurement of hardness have you?
What do you mean by water softener?
I and dozens of other forum members would be deliriously happy if softening water was that easy. It isn’t.
0A1DC429-1CFA-47EC-9065-AD179F2DA28B.jpeg

this is what they gave me, they said to put it in my filter

Most reactions

Back