fish food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Boggnials

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i got frozen blood worms today. i was wondering if it is ok to leave the whole thing in their? will the fish eventually eat all of them?

Not a good idea to leave food lying around in the tank.

Bog- did the "worms" come in a big rectangle or is there individual cubes or balls sealed in a blister pack? Ive gotten both and if it is the former (rectangle) you definatly do not want to leave it laying around! Besides yourfish would eat themselves to death (ok dont know if its true) you could also get a planarian infestation...if they are the kind in blister packs you could just drop one in and watch and see how quick its eaten...I like to hand feed my fish with these...its great! Also you can defrost them in some warm water and feed that way...

I also hand feed my fish their blood worms. I break off a pinch at a time and hold it in the water. They start to thaw in the tank instantly, and the bigger fish come and start tearing into it while the little guys catch the falling bits. Almost all of my fish are willing to eat from my hand this way. :wub:

So is it OK to put frozen cubes of bloodworm in the tank? All this time I have been defrosting it in an eggcup for an hour beforehand and then plopping it in! :rolleyes:

BTW has anyone been able to put their finger on the smell of bloodworm? Like old meat or something :sick: . Not my favourite part of fishkeeping!!

I use the Gamma treated frozen bloodworms that come in a flattish pack about the size of a cd. I break pieces off and drop it in the tanks like that, (i.e. don't thaw them).

Platypus...ughhhh that smell is so gross...I like to think im a "tough guy" but that smell makes me want to cry! :-( ....(ok its not that bad but so not my favorite smell)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back