Fish disease

Erica27

New Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2018
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Points
6
cwn anyone tell me what is on my high fin German rams. I noticed I acouole if days ago. I don’t think it’s ich because is only on there fins and it’s bigger spots. Also they are only on the German rams.
 

Attachments

  • 1C1F59DD-E255-493B-9552-61E301B5CC94.webp
    1C1F59DD-E255-493B-9552-61E301B5CC94.webp
    730.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 044D5ED8-3659-41AF-B599-9157BF8C19B0.webp
    044D5ED8-3659-41AF-B599-9157BF8C19B0.webp
    990.8 KB · Views: 225
  • E757F3A6-9EE4-4116-B7EB-CDF8C2CADD25.webp
    E757F3A6-9EE4-4116-B7EB-CDF8C2CADD25.webp
    563.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 743E9400-9A44-4C92-BBB4-B7A25C2231B9.webp
    743E9400-9A44-4C92-BBB4-B7A25C2231B9.webp
    424.8 KB · Views: 212
  • F77B8FF1-BEC4-4B5F-A9EB-B3EF7D2D62C5.webp
    F77B8FF1-BEC4-4B5F-A9EB-B3EF7D2D62C5.webp
    377.4 KB · Views: 229
Sorry there were spelling errors. I ment a couple of days ago
 
It looks like there is a little fin-nipping going on, along with the white spots. What are the rams tankmates?
 
It could be the start of Lymphocystis on the rams. This is a stress virus that causes white growths on the fins and sometimes the body. They are unsightly but do not normally harm the fish and when the stress is gone and the fish recover, the nodules go. However, it could also be a bad whitespot infection but I need a clearer picture.

Have you added any new fish or plants in the last 2 weeks?
Are any of the fish rubbing on objects?
If the answer to both of these questions is no, then it is not likely to be whitespot but is probably Lymphocystsis.

------------------------
How long has the tank been set up for?
How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?

How often do you clean the filter and how do you clean it?

Have you checked the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & pH; and if possible general hardness (GH)?
If yes, what were the results in numbers?

How long have you had the fish for?
What other fishes are in the tank?

------------------------
Wipe the inside of the glass and do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week. Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Feed the fish a varied diet and keep the water warm, around 26C (79F).
 
I think it is stress on my fish because the ph was very high because I did to many water changes in a row. And when my ph was high my angle fish would kinda rub himself on the thermometer in my tank but I only saw him doing it and it was also right before I would feed them. But the angle fish stoped doing that like two days ago.
 
Monitor them all over the next week. If the spots/ marks disappear for a few days and then come back in other areas it is whitespot. If they stay in the same places and get a bit bigger it is Lymphocystis.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top