Fish Breeders

MollyFresh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Jersey, US
I have a 10 gallon fishtank and I am in absolute love with pregnant Balloon mollies. I go to the fish store often just to look around at the fish and they usually have some type of balloon molly. Everytime I go there I stare at them forever and see which ones are boy and girl, which ones are pregnant, and stare at how pretty the colors are. I have wanted to buy them every single time ive been there but I can't because my tank is too small to fit all the fish I want. I'm Obsessed ( <- spelling?) with balloon mollies! So I'm getting a 47 gallon fishtank soon and It will probably be a Balloon molly tank because I love them so much, but I even if I get enough so that my tank isnt Overstocked but its pretty full I would still want more. So I wanted to know how what I could do to satisfy my want for them since I can't get all the balloon mollies in the world. Could I try breeding them?? If I bred them I would need to sell them and I don't have any friends or anyone to sell them too. Is there anything I can do??
 
I have a 10 gallon fishtank and I am in absolute love with pregnant Balloon mollies. I go to the fish store often just to look around at the fish and they usually have some type of balloon molly. Everytime I go there I stare at them forever and see which ones are boy and girl, which ones are pregnant, and stare at how pretty the colors are. I have wanted to buy them every single time ive been there but I can't because my tank is too small to fit all the fish I want. I'm Obsessed ( <- spelling?) with balloon mollies! So I'm getting a 47 gallon fishtank soon and It will probably be a Balloon molly tank because I love them so much, but I even if I get enough so that my tank isnt Overstocked but its pretty full I would still want more. So I wanted to know how what I could do to satisfy my want for them since I can't get all the balloon mollies in the world. Could I try breeding them?? If I bred them I would need to sell them and I don't have any friends or anyone to sell them too. Is there anything I can do??


well if that aint an obsession i dont know what is lol :hyper:

breeding is easy as its a livebearer

u could try selling them on ebay, forum, or trade them in to your local lfs if they'll take them
 
Lol, Yeah I know right?? I just love them so much :drool:
haha so Thank you, I will try those, It seems bad if I gave them to the fish store because.. the fish store seems like a bad place to put your fish.. like.. i dont know I confuse myself. :blink:
 
Lol, Yeah I know right?? I just love them so much :drool:
haha so Thank you, I will try those, It seems bad if I gave them to the fish store because.. the fish store seems like a bad place to put your fish.. like.. i dont know I confuse myself. :blink:


your right yes, but the thing is with livebearers they can be hard to shift sometimes as their so easily readily availible

:good:
 
What would you do?


i wouldnt get a whole tank of them anyways.

i just stay away from livebearers apar from pure strain guppies

u could get some and then get some other community fish.

i just think if you have a 47gallon tank with them youll be overflowing with them and struggle to get rid of them
 
But I just love them so much!! Why did I need to fall in love with a mass breeding livebearer.. lol I KNOW! I could fall in love with a fish that breeds alot slower!! do you know any?? maybe if you know what a balloon molly looks like something similar?? I dont know :unsure:
 
But I just love them so much!! Why did I need to fall in love with a mass breeding livebearer.. lol I KNOW! I could fall in love with a fish that breeds alot slower!! do you know any?? maybe if you know what a balloon molly looks like something similar?? I dont know :unsure:


:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
 
Since you love mollies so much I say go for it. Mollies are considered bread and butter fish for LFS and I dont know of one that would turn you away. I wouldnt expect much in the way of store credit but lets face it, we dont keep fish just for the credit.
 
yes hes right, dont get too many, as you will soon get over run, i have some ( not to breed) and they are the funniest fish, one of them watches my finger on the glass and bobs his head up and down, hes so funny, like a nodding dog :lol: get more females than male tho
 
Okay <3 So I won't get loads but What other fish are similar to balloon mollies and would go decent with them in a community tank??
 
in mine i have platys, guppies, angels. and balloon mollies and rummy nose tetras- its really pretty and they all live together well, but most are livebearers, so provision needs to be made for the fry ( or leave nature take its course)

shelagh xxx
 
I need to be brutally honest, balloon mollies don't usually live nearly as long due to their huge stomachs. I think maybe you might want to breed them with smaller balloons. I am being very honest here, no offense, it's just rough for those fish. I am glad to see fishkeepers, and please, keep breeding them, but I really would avoid balloon mollies.

Psst, like dalmatians? Maybe you can try to breed dalmatian mollies, they exist!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top