Fish are dying

_]im

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey,

I have recentely lost 2 mollies in the past few days. I haven't lost power and the tank ahs been set up for over 5 months. No high in ammonia or nitrate, the only thing i might have done is mix up the gravel a bit while vacuuming and i put peas in the tank to feed the otto cats, anyone see what could have happened??

OKay, secondly, i need new fish. What to do you think would be good additions to the tanks i have in my sig?

Thanks for any help

i dunno. did they show any symptoms before they died? could any soap/air freshener/flyspray or whatever have gt into the tank?

as for new fish...another peppered cory or two for the second tank, and maybe a dwarf gourami for the first?

The fish you lost did you use them to cycle the tank.

Good point. I did cycle with them, well sort of when i got the tank it was almost cycled, meaning a few more water changes to bring down the nitrates and that was it....so im not sure whats going on. I may have had soap on my hands one day while in the tank, but I doubt enough to affect them, plus I had neons and otto cats in there and they are fine.

Anymore sudgestions for new fish?

Because sometimes the cycle takes it's toll on some fish and their immune system shuts down and are open to desease.

Maybe you vacuumed up a little too much good bacteria.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back