First Words?

This is a funny thread. Good idea, krib.

Tiger Barbs's colors sometimes iridesce different colors. As you have pointed out, the black sometimes appears greenish. The green color morph, since more scales are that black color, iridesce more green. I have noticed that my barbs will change colors depending on how soon after I have turned the aquarium lights on.

A better, more complete decription of this effect, called the Tyndall effect after the physicist who first documented it, can be found here: The Skeptical Aquarist's Page on Barbs it is a ways down the screen... do a search for "Tyndall" to jump right to the description of the Tyndall effect


Even the first post, full of sciencey-type stuff!
 
and judging by the quote in your sig, you are very "hands on"

OMG, was that meant to be nasty, or did i read that wrong?


i cant imagine why you thought iwas being nasty Krib! or how you may have misread it either, what i meant was,that if that statement reffered to his own fishkeeping methods ie.. stirring the water with his finger to ensure his beloved fish had enough air.. then i wouldnt laugh if he wanted to share any more soft hearted secrets. i really hope ace didnt mis read it too,tho i strongley doubt he would have done, im really offeneded that you would think i was being nasty :(

lol, sorry, i completely misread that. Thanks Bignose!
 
I came home one day, and I saw my betta, Moe, all swelled up and not moving much. He's gotten better over the past couple of days, but what could that be?
Not very informative! :lol:
 
has anyone seen or know how i can get a hold of a small species of eel for a 35 gallon tank in the east of england , i found one in my lfs and have been looking for one but when i asked about it they said they couldn't catch it as it buries itself and i therefore couldn't have it. Now i am more determined to get one than ever before

Thats one crafty eel XD.

I think I was impressed by the eels ability to avoid the net :P
 
hey there everybody! As i just said im new to both the forum and tropical fish im afraid, but have recently developed an enthusiasm for this hobby. I have no tropical fish as of yet but am hoping to get some corydoras catfish in the future, i have been doing lots of research! I beg you for advice with these fish, and especially please please pleaaaase could you guys give me a helping hand in choosing tankmates for cory catfish. I have a low budget im afraid and nothing much bigger than about 10 inches max in length. All advice is really appreciated. I hope I havent babbled too much!

thanks alot

I was such a freak 2 years ago :rolleyes:
 
Tried searching but cant find my first post. How did you guys do it?
 
My first words were: Hi There
 
I have 2 X Red-bellied Piranha (Juvenile, about 2" long each) in a 30G. I know eveyone has a different take on this so though I would ask here.

Can anyone reccomend any sutible tankmates? Bearing in mind that despite my LFS's assurances about BA Tetras being too fast to get caught turned out to be wrong. One of them was attacked and killed so I moved the others to my 20G.

I have a 55G that I am building up for the Piranha however it will be a few months until I can have it ready.

I love having Piranha but they are rather shy at the moment and would like to liven up the tank a little.


LOL!!! :blush: :blush: The RBP's have since been returned to LFS for rehousing in to a sutible tank. I had a big arguement with SJ2K, CFC and Cane before I admitted how dumb I was being.
 
...But I cant find a simple answer anywhere -_- , recently perchased my first small(ish) aquarium, its a 80L and is currently cycling before I add any fish :rolleyes: . Once I have succesfully introduced my first few fish (yes over a period of weeks) I would much like to have a small cat in there (fish of course :shout: )...Which could you recommend that 1)Wont out grow my tank 2)Cause problems in a community set up...Any help much appreciated! :good:
 
:lol: Legendary first words there :D.

SJ2K - your first words were very responsible sounding lol :good:.

Great idea for a thread.

God damn gooody two shoes xD

Lol some amusing ones here, and some very responsible ones :D
 
wow it's looking really good hun :D can't wait to see it properly with fishes in

I think Polly would like the cave much more than Al tho :* ;)


my first post was replying to my other's halfs thread about his tank. we'd been dating all of about 3 weeks :blush:

cringe!
 
ALIEN INVASION! RUN AWAY!

i dont really know.. i have only seen tiny little white worms in my aquarium. Sorry sad.gif

but i would suggest hunting them out, just incase.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top