First Words?

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
I was wondering what everyones first words on TFF. Care to Share?( hey, that rhymed!):

Posted on: Nov 13 2006, 06:12 PM






Convicts can be difficult and easy to sex. The males usually have a very pointed lond top and bottom fin. The females are usually rounded and they also have alot of orange to their belly. if you post a pic i could sex them for you. Good luck


Wow, i just realized i've been on here for about a year and a 1/4!
 
This is really embarassing lol, Bare in mind I havent even kept a fish before and only just got my tank so before you mock me :shifty:

Hi, I recently bought a 60 litre tank, I wondered how many angel fish I could fit and if I could fit a few cat fish in.

Also, regal tang fish how big do they grow and would any fit in my tank. (the ones that look like dorie from finding nemo)
 
Hello, all! I'm kinda new to fishkeeping, in that I've had a 10 gal. tank with just a few danios & a small plec type fish for about 5 years. Hardy fish, and easy size to maintain. Well that all changed when I was lucky enough to get a 55 gal. tank, including fish, gravel, and some sort of power filter hanging off the back- all for free from my father who had to move. Some sort of light bulb finally went off in my head and I thought I'd look up fish forums on the net, so here I am! I'm sure to have plenty of questions, quite a few of which have probably been covered already, so please bear with me, and thank you in advance.
 
hi im a newbie.........wahay :drool: im from south coast england....im busy with my bettas at present..also have a 3.5ft cold water tank coming onto 5years with ghost carp,fantails,common goldfish,1pleco,2 platys male n pregnent female..and inherated a bleeding heart from friend which weve had in cold from babies and i can say there all fine :hey: ...i had tropical then went to spain B) so gave fish to my local stockist...when i moved back i stocked tank with cold.... :X brrrrrr

ok yes i know :blink:
 
This is really embarassing lol, Bare in mind I havent even kept a fish before and only just got my tank so before you mock me :shifty:

Hi, I recently bought a 60 litre tank, I wondered how many angel fish I could fit and if I could fit a few cat fish in.

Also, regal tang fish how big do they grow and would any fit in my tank. (the ones that look like dorie from finding nemo)



lmao thats class, i would never have reminded anyone of that posting :lol:
did u feel a proper plonker about the tang by the way?? pmsl

shelagh xxx


oops do i appear to be laffing, could have sworn i pressed the smile face
 
This is really embarassing lol, Bare in mind I havent even kept a fish before and only just got my tank so before you mock me :shifty:

Hi, I recently bought a 60 litre tank, I wondered how many angel fish I could fit and if I could fit a few cat fish in.

Also, regal tang fish how big do they grow and would any fit in my tank. (the ones that look like dorie from finding nemo)



lmao thats class, i would never have reminded anyone of that posting :lol:
did u feel a proper plonker about the tang by the way?? pmsl

shelagh xxx


oops do i appear to be laffing, could have sworn i pressed the smile face

Oh thanks......Mock me even more why dont you :angry:

Lol joke, Oh well I havent changed much but I sort of know the difference between SW , FW and BW now..



I hope..... :crazy:
 
This is really embarassing lol, Bare in mind I havent even kept a fish before and only just got my tank so before you mock me :shifty:

Hi, I recently bought a 60 litre tank, I wondered how many angel fish I could fit and if I could fit a few cat fish in.

Also, regal tang fish how big do they grow and would any fit in my tank. (the ones that look like dorie from finding nemo)


If i were you, i'd be embarrased as well. LOL, just kidding =-]
 
aww bless, we know you are a good fish keeper.. and judging by the quote in your sig, you are very "hands on"

dont be emmbarresed we`re all friends here pmsl
 
and judging by the quote in your sig, you are very "hands on"

OMG, was that meant to be nasty, or did i read that wrong?


i cant imagine why you thought iwas being nasty Krib! or how you may have misread it either, what i meant was,that if that statement reffered to his own fishkeeping methods ie.. stirring the water with his finger to ensure his beloved fish had enough air.. then i wouldnt laugh if he wanted to share any more soft hearted secrets. i really hope ace didnt mis read it too,tho i strongley doubt he would have done, im really offeneded that you would think i was being nasty :(
 
and judging by the quote in your sig, you are very "hands on"

OMG, was that meant to be nasty, or did i read that wrong?


i cant imagine why you thought iwas being nasty Krib! or how you may have misread it either, what i meant was,that if that statement reffered to his own fishkeeping methods ie.. stirring the water with his finger to ensure his beloved fish had enough air.. then i wouldnt laugh if he wanted to share any more soft hearted secrets. i really hope ace didnt mis read it too,tho i strongley doubt he would have done, im really offeneded that you would think i was being nasty :(

God I just got back from crying my eyes out, I can barely see what I am typing. :-(, I come on this forum and all I do is get bullied...


Of Course I did not take it personally, You will find it rather hard to upset me, Unless you my mum forbidding be to get a Corn Snake, I mean I even laugh at myself, Why do you think I posted in this thread, I think this thread was a good one when It started, Nice to look back on what you use to be like. But now it has turned into Mayhem, PLEASE SOMEONE SAVIOUR THIS THREAD and post your embarrasing first post so we can laugh at you :D
 
I recently set up a freshwater tank, got plants, everything was ready... then we decided to get fish. We got 5 neon tetras and 2 black phantom tetras. We will soon get more, we just wanted to make sure they would live. The neons were shoaling and the phantoms stayed together the first day. Now it's the second day and the neons are chasing each other, and not staying together. The phantoms are staying with each other like before, but all of the tetras are chasing each other, and only shoaling when I put my hand in the water. Is that normal? I've had tetras before and never saw anythng like this. They are actually biting each other, it looks like. :/

Oh, and it's a 30 gallon tank.


:rolleyes:
I love how I thought I knew everything.
The tank wasn't even cycled.
:lol:
 
I'm on the 2nd day of fishless cycling and when I tested the water last night I noticed the PH has dropped.
sad.gif
My tap water is PH 8.4 KH 5 GH 9, and as of last night my tank is PH 7.8 KH 5 GH 9. If I've research correctly I need to add epsom salt to rasie the hardness, but how to I get my tank PH to match my tap, I have plenty of time to experiment before my cycling is done, but I'd like to get this corrected before I add fish. I was also wondering if the epsom salt would affect catfish as I was planning on getting a bristlenose pleco. My current set up has play sand for substrate, river rock, and a small piece of driftwood.

Not too embarassing without knowing the background on the tank, I was cycling a 29gal for mbuna. :huh: Boy did I found out quick that everyone was right not to do that. :lol:
 
i don't know how to do the old quote thing but i think my first post was about my kribs fighting
 

Most reactions

Back
Top