First Proper Planted Tank

Pity.I did wonder about the temp ranges.Any ideas about replacements?
AquaJardin had some very nice Coral Red Pencilfish in last week, was very tempting.

Pity.I did wonder about the temp ranges.Any ideas about replacements?
AquaJardin had some very nice Coral Red Pencilfish in last week, was very tempting.
hey, yeah bit gutting... before I bought them I checked a page that said between 23-27 so thought i'd go with it. I've cheked alot of other pages and they all basically say 25 is ideal. no idea what to replace with, although those Coral Red Pencilfish look nice, any other suggestions?

Jay

What and give you all my best ideas? You're tank already looks better than mine & you've got GBR's
laugh.gif

What and give you all my best ideas? You're tank already looks better than mine & you've got GBR's
laugh.gif
Ha ha I saw a Pic of your tank yesterday it looks great mate, I think if you get round to adding pressurised co2 it will be a beast! thats what really kicked my tank on. Yeah love the GBR's, early signs are that they will be a pair, might just keep the tank for them.

Jay

Who wants to kick Jay1983, I'll stand in front and no one will see. :lol:

Beautiful tank dude! DOn't mind me...jealousy issues today :) You've hit the nail on the head with your first try.

Who wants to kick Jay1983, I'll stand in front and no one will see. :lol:

Beautiful tank dude! DOn't mind me...jealousy issues today :) You've hit the nail on the head with your first try.
Thank you for the kind words!! I kind of cheated I let the plants settle in then pumped the tank full of CO2 and ferts and did daily water changes, when I was happy the plants had set, I lowered the ferts and CO2 and then added the fish. The CO2 makes all the difference, have had tanks before that contained plants but they never really looked healthy or grew, they basically just survived... I am really happy with this tank so have decided to rescape my bigger tank, am just waiting on all the bits and peices to arrive.

Jay

Your too good, Jay. No one can handle it. :lol: :lol: Can't wait to see the things you do next :)

Your too good, Jay. No one can handle it. :lol: :lol: Can't wait to see the things you do next :)
lol thank you, It has taken a lot of help from here and research from here and other sites to get to where I am now... but really it is a very simple layout and has been fairly simple to do. I wouldn't underestimate how important pressurised CO2 is, as my lighting is about 2.5 wpg with t5's so I would say that was quite high. Without the CO2 and the ferts i'd be in big trouble but I seem to have found a balance between the 3 and so far i'm extremely happy with it and I can't wait to start my second scape.

Jay

Week 3

So the power head has been added and seems perfect! bit of a trim done but the hairgrass needs a major trim (hate doing it!)

Some new pics, not much difference really

Pebble added on the advice of minnnt in case the rams decide to spawn (would be nice!!)

201_1776.jpg

Somemore pics of tank and its inhabitants.

201_1798.jpg

201_1797.jpg

201_1790.jpg

201_1785.jpg

201_1783.jpg

201_1782.jpg

201_1780.jpg

sorry quite a few pics there!!

Jay

Lush just doesn't describe it mate.

As for the stone, i would try and get a piece of slate and hide it around the back of the main feature so it's out of the way. :good:

Very nice indeed! :D

very healthy and nice scaping. Have you got any Otos in there?? They'd love that GDA on the wood. :good:

Lush just doesn't describe it mate.

As for the stone, i would try and get a piece of slate and hide it around the back of the main feature so it's out of the way. :good:

Very nice indeed! :D
Thank you very much, yeah hiding a piece of slate sounds like a good idea as the stone does look a tad out of place I think

very healthy and nice scaping. Have you got any Otos in there?? They'd love that GDA on the wood. :good:
thank you, no I have no Otos in there, I have some cherry shrimp which I will move to a different tank when I finally set it up as i'm worried about the Rams eating them when they grow bigger... would you recommend Otos for my set up and if so how many?

Jay

Most reactions

Back