First Look At My Female Bettas!

Majerah
Could not have said it better myself. F3 is a young fella and you can tell when he is getting close to the ladies they put their heads down slightly. Letting him know they have no issues but they can and will gang up on him. I am also leaning toward the red being male.

The full red one? The big belly fella?

Okay.. I will take a good picture of him/her :p and post it soon.. tks
 
*Video Update*

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTYNfN_qEZE

Pictures of the suspected Males will be out in a while.. Sorting them out for easy viewing..

Bought two Java Ferns..

A wall potrait
CAM00645-1.webp

CAM00646-1.webp

A temporary 53cmx10x11.5 betta tank (for the females)
Screenshot_2014-05-04-01-43-55-1.webp

More to come!

1) A friend picking up the cories next week
2) Still on the hunt for more plants
3) Separating the females into individual tanks to assess them more especially the suspected Male F3 and the full pure red ones!

* A non-related photo!*

I'm interested in getting this!
Screenshot_2014-04-28-23-13-29-1.webp
 
One of the suspected Male! F3!
CAM00573-1.webp

CAM00584-1.webp

CAM00589-1.webp

CAM00597-1.webp

CAM00619-1.webp

Pls help me verify! Tks!
The other one! Pure Red..

Is she a He?? Hmm..
CAM00558-1.webp

CAM00569-1.webp

CAM00580-1.webp
 
Question. Do those moss balls do anything? I've seen a couple of videos where people have those moss balls in their betta tank and I'm just currious.
 
GuppyGirl20 said:
Question. Do those moss balls do anything? I've seen a couple of videos where people have those moss balls in their betta tank and I'm just currious.
From what I know about Moss Balls is that they are a shrimp's favourite plant! That's it! :p

And its a cute plant... :p

I used to keep shrimps and I read that they love Moss Balls! And that Moss Ball you see has been in there for quite some time.. Just for decoration purpose.. :)

And I'm sorry I am not much of a help!
 
I have very little experience with bettas, but I think that the red one and the blue one ARE both males. I think.... Not 100% sure though. someone with more experience will come along sooner or later and confirm I guess.
 
F3 is male.  No question for me.  Red one could go either way at this point so make sure you watch it very closely.  If you could get it to flare (females do flare) you could tell for sure since the beard would show you the sex.
 
KieranBoyne said:
I have very little experience with bettas, but I think that the red one and the blue one ARE both males. I think.... Not 100% sure though. someone with more experience will come along sooner or later and confirm I guess.
Tks! :)

Wildbetta said:
F3 is male.  No question for me.  Red one could go either way at this point so make sure you watch it very closely.  If you could get it to flare (females do flare) you could tell for sure since the beard would show you the sex.
Okay WB! I will put them in individual tank and observe.. anw, i need to put in more plants and caves so its a gd time to separate them for awhile..
 
Still looking for the plants I want..

And some coconut caves for them too! Maybe DIY..

Meanwhile, I have prepared their temporary home just down-under!
CAM00692-1.webp

CAM00691-1.webp
 

Most reactions

Back
Top