First Look At My Female Bettas!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

AquaPit

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I got myself 5 female bettas yesterday!

They are not named yet so they will be addressed as F1-F5! Haha!

Before I show the photos of them, let me share what my plan is..

I'm thinking of getting at least 4 more!

But I'm gonna hold that thought first as I wanna see how these bunch of females fare!

When I chose these 5 bettas at the LFS, they were in a half-cut 1.5Litres plastic bottles!
The water was dirty and I had difficulties looking at them properly!

And there were like 50 over bottles! And these bottles were placed on the ground!

Imagine me squatting down, looking for the best ones for almost an hour! My knees nearly give way! Haha!

When I got them home, did the necessary and got them in the tank, I found out that they do not look as nice as what I have expected them to be! Haha!

Anyway, enough of me squabbling! Now for the photos!

I hope you guys can give me your honest opinion on how they look like.. :D

F1
CAM00449~2.jpg

CAM00457~2.jpg

CAM00458~2.jpg

F2
CAM00451~2.jpg

CAM00472~2.jpg

CAM00484~2.jpg

F3
CAM00453-1.jpg

CAM00483~2.jpg

CAM00459~2~2~2-1.jpg

F4
CAM00447~2.jpg

CAM00460~2.jpg

CAM00482~2.jpg

F5
CAM00463~2.jpg
Can only get hold of one photo of her! :p
She is the Black one

Oh wow! Quite honestly I can say they're amazing! 100 times nicer then any near me. Even though the females in my area are kept in proper tanks yours are still finer by far.
So handsome. :wub:

TallTree01 said:
Oh wow! Quite honestly I can say they're amazing! 100 times nicer then any near me. Even though the females in my area are kept in proper tanks yours are still finer by far.
So handsome. :wub:
100times nicer seems good! Haha! Tks TT!
KieranBoyne said:
I love f5!! The dark color is really unusual
she is the aggresive one too! F5 and F4 have locked horns!

I had to separate them! I decided to put F5 in another tank first..

Now the question is, can I put F5 back in the tank again? Hmm..

2 photos of their 'quarrels'!
CAM00467~2.jpg

CAM00473~2.jpg

Great group of gals.  Haven't we seen in the past, that once bettas settle and get good care (which ALL of us on here give!), their colors change and sharpen?  So wait a week or so, before you judge.

I was going to ask if you had all 5 in one tank, seems you did, and have relocated the last one (F5) for a time.  Must be lovely to see to many in one tank.

DiddleBug said:
Very nice bettas! They looks really healthy! :)
They do? Good to hear that! :)

Freedom said:
Great group of gals.  Haven't we seen in the past, that once bettas settle and get good care (which ALL of us on here give!), their colors change and sharpen?  So wait a week or so, before you judge.

I was going to ask if you had all 5 in one tank, seems you did, and have relocated the last one (F5) for a time.  Must be lovely to see to many in one tank.
Tks! :) And you are right, they are all in one tank and F5 currently in another tank.. Different personalities! I will update more soon! Now thinking of names! Maybe Spice Girls?? Haha!

Very nice!  I am leaning toward F3 being male as it really looks male from those pics.  F5 possibly could be male.  Would need better pics of F5 though since it is hard to tell from those pics.

Wildbetta said:
Very nice!  I am leaning toward F3 being male as it really looks male from those pics.  F5 possibly could be male.  Would need better pics of F5 though since it is hard to tell from those pics.
WB! That's what my friends told me too about F5! Most likely a Male! I will take more pictures of it!

F3 is a Male too?? Oh my... Will get more pics too! F3 looks calm though...Now i'm worried for the rest.. and I can't do anything to monitor coz I'm at work now!

I'm loving the girls!

I can't stop looking at them! Pls help me!!

So far F5 have been the most aggressive one. She has since been moved to a solitary tank.

F2 is my favourite now! She is so cute!

Got new additions!
F6-F10

F6 (She was rescued! More on that story soon!)
CAM00518~2.jpg

CAM00512~2.jpg

F7 (The full red.. Can't get a still photo of her though!)
CAM00516~2.jpg

F8-10!
CAM00519~2.jpg

Another photo of F5
CAM00511~2.jpg

Some mighty pretty fish!!! 
wub.png

F5 died... :(

When I came back home, I found her lifeless body with both her eyes poked out! And tattered fins!

She was the most aggressive one to start with so I kept her alone in another tank for two days and introduced her back today..

Is that ome of the reason she was attacked?

F6, also introduced the same time as F5, is still fine so I don't think its because of a new face..

Now, I have put F4 into a hospital tank coz one of her eyes caught something white!

Now I'm worried if I introduce back F4 into the tank, will she suffer the same fate as F5??

*sigh*

RIP F5
CAM00522~2~2-1.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back