fire belly toads

jmaster

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi all

how many fire belly toads could i keep in a 10gallon????

how do u sex them???

wats a gd setup for them???

could u keep any other fish in the water section???

sry for all the questions but i saw some in LFS an they look so nice

thanx all

OK here's your answers:

In a 10g, I'd say 3 or 4 toads could be housed.

You can't sex them until they're adult - males sing and females are bigger when full grown.

3/4 land and 1/4 water at room temperature is a good set up. Use damp moss and leaf litter for the top surface of the land.

And no, you can't really keep other fish in the water section unless you want them to either be eaten or intoxicated.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :).

hi thanx for reply

so wat should i use for land???

wat type of decorations can i put in???

will they eat like crickets???

thanx

My FBT tank uses a thick layer of forest leaf litter throughout the whole tank, and the water is actually a lunchbox sunken into this and filled with water. That way you can change the water without ripping the setup apart.

Decorations can include lumps of moss, they also like pieces of tree bark to hide in (you can use these to make little bark caves). Mossy rocks also look good in a firebellied toad tank.

And yes, they'll eat crickets, and will also eat maggots, waxworms and earthworms.

ok

can u use like soil that u would use for pottin plants????

an them put some lil plants and things in there????

also do u have a pic of ure i could look at???

thanx alot

Be very very careful about using potting compost - a lot of commercially available potting composts have fertilisers and pesticides in them. And these will do your toads great harm. Use natural dirt collected from nice clean woodlands.

But you can definitely put some little plants in there, if you use natural dirt.

This is my toad's tank a few months ago. It's slightly different now, with more bark for him to hide under, but you get the idea:

post-20-1090013685.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back