Finepix S1000Fd

razer121

THE Triop Man XD
Reaction score
just got my brand new camera :) yay! its the fuji finepix s1000fd, ive gone crazy taking pictures but i cam across a problem...i tryed to take a picture of my cichlids and it was ok, but the moment i applied any zoom it blurred up..i tryed a bunch of different settings but i just am no good enough with cameras!! any help?

hmmm have you tried the macro setting? [the little flower thingy, on teh dial?] that might help otherwise I dont know if your camera has it but can you change the shutter speed? via the M on the dial, just make sure you have lots of light though or it will be very very dark lol

Yep, use the macro or supermacro mode (I find normal macro better on the s8000fd)

Also use any image stabilisation it has and play about with settings - I use auto and macro most but sometimes use action mode or night mode.

ok thanks guys! i tried marco mode in the "auto" setting seemed to make no difference :( either way ive got to send the camera back as it has some white pixels that are making there way into the dark areas of my pictures :( really gutted! but will have it back soon after the replacment comes back so will fiddle with it more then!

ok thanks guys! i tried marco mode in the "auto" setting seemed to make no difference :( either way ive got to send the camera back as it has some white pixels that are making there way into the dark areas of my pictures :( really gutted! but will have it back soon after the replacment comes back so will fiddle with it more then!

The problem with increasing the zoom range is that it also decreases the aperture, letting in less light, so the camera chooses a slower shutter speed to let in more light to correctly expose the image. Obviously you cant hold a camera perfectly still during a long exposure, hence the blurred images.

You can get constant aperture lenses for DSLR's - where the aperture stays the same the whole way through the zoom range, but they're expensive and relatively big.

You could try increasing the ISO - which would give faster shutter speeds, but push it too far and you'll have alot of noise in the image.

i have no idea what you mean by iso lol, my camera should be here tomoz, and im able to put the camera on a tripod but still the image is blurry, i don't think it is down to me shaking :(

i have no idea what you mean by iso lol, my camera should be here tomoz, and im able to put the camera on a tripod but still the image is blurry, i don't think it is down to me shaking :(

The ISO is the camera's sensitivity to light, its measured in numbers, and usually starts around 100 or 200 and generally goes upto 1600 on bridge/compact cameras. By increasing it, you'll be able to use a faster shutter speed, but like I said, push it too high and you'll get noise in your images.

The pics are blurry because its a combination of a moving subject, and hand shake.

huh i wish it was the case but its not, i think its something to do with the water as it is anything in the water that cause's it to blur, even a non moving object

I never use the zoom when taking piccies of the fish, i dont use flash either. Make sure the Macro (FLOWER) is on.

does that happen on the camera or print off pics?

erm well on the cameras lcd, ive never looked at the images after ive taken them lol i use marco mode

huh i wish it was the case but its not, i think its something to do with the water as it is anything in the water that cause's it to blur, even a non moving object

upload some sample images then, maybe I can see something not quite right in the exif

?? the exif? well im waiting for my replacment camera to come back to me so will have to wait for a few days yet lol

just got my brand new camera :) yay! its the fuji finepix s1000fd, ive gone crazy taking pictures but i cam across a problem...i tryed to take a picture of my cichlids and it was ok, but the moment i applied any zoom it blurred up..i tryed a bunch of different settings but i just am no good enough with cameras!! any help?

ok. using the zoom, in macro, with most compact/bridge cameras it pointless. all it does it give pictures as the OP states. if you use it in "macro" all it does is give you the same images size, but the camera needs to be further away. (in essence, you only get "minimum focus distance" at the shortest zoom) as for Super macro mode, i refer you to the instructions for the  s1000fd
When Super Macro is set, focal length is fixed to 60mm (35mm camera equivalent). zoom function is not available.

s1000fd instructions

practice and practice, after all the pictures are free.

and light transmission, has little to do with your problem. thats not to say extra light would not help. lol. it always does.

erm well on the cameras lcd, ive never looked at the images after ive taken them lol i use marco mode

ah that dont matter, my nikon does that and so did my friends, all it means is there is too much light for the lcd, but it doesnt effect the pictures

Most reactions

trending

Back