What's new

Finally upgrading my all plastic tank to all natural!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
Day two:

The cloudiness has been cleared from the water. However, the cycle seems to have restarted, as the parameters stand thus:
Ammonia: .50
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7.4

3C11DFB2-50AB-4A6D-AEC3-C5665259FDAD.jpeg

I ran to my LFS for some quick start to hopefully help reset the parameters so I can add the platies tomorrow. They seem ok in the bucket, and all parameters are in order. However, I will do a water change on the bucket tomorrow to ensure that it stays that way.

While at my LFS, I found that they had small Amazon Sword plants for $1 a plant! I grabbed the two healthiest looking ones. They will stay in their plastic bag until tomorrow, when I will have time to bleach dip them to remove any snails, then they will be quarantined for at least two weeks. I’m not taking any chances! However, I am excited to have my main plant in my possession!

AB35DF16-5431-4994-9645-C524508377CC.jpeg

Day two:

The cloudiness has been cleared from the water. However, the cycle seems to have restarted, as the parameters stand thus:
Ammonia: .50
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

View attachment 164596

I ran to my LFS for some quick start to hopefully help reset the parameters so I can add the platies tomorrow. They seem ok in the bucket, and all parameters are in order. However, I will do a water change on the bucket tomorrow to ensure that it stays that way.

While at my LFS, I found that they had small Amazon Sword plants for $1 a plant! I grabbed the two healthiest looking ones. They will stay in their plastic bag until tomorrow, when I will have time to bleach dip them to remove any snails, then they will be quarantined for at least two weeks. I’m not taking any chances! However, I am excited to have my main plant in my possession!

View attachment 164598
Looking good!!

Day three:

Tested my parameters again this afternoon, and the quick start seems to have worked.
Ammonia: .05ppm (roughly, it wasn’t 0 but not close to .25)
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm

EA5E0FE5-8B94-43BC-A442-79948FDA9F7F.jpeg

Decided it was safe to add the platies, so I transferred the two original back into the 30g, and the three new fry into a small breeder box. My judgement is awful today because I got four hours of sleep, but I wanted to make sure that the smallest fry couldn’t be eaten by my adult, so they are in the breeder box for now. All the platies got fed well with BBS, which is why some of them look chubby.

2CE5AD4F-EB3F-4464-AAD8-8FBF54E80690.jpeg

What do you guys think? I’m mostly concerned about the blue ones, I think the red spotted one should be fine. My adult is below.

09F474E3-7DFA-4F6B-AC5B-39516CFF1714.jpeg

That was a good price on those Amazon Swords, and that's one of my favorite plants. It's a beautiful plant.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back