Finally upgrading my all plastic tank to all natural!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Day two:

The cloudiness has been cleared from the water. However, the cycle seems to have restarted, as the parameters stand thus:
Ammonia: .50
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7.4

3C11DFB2-50AB-4A6D-AEC3-C5665259FDAD.jpeg

I ran to my LFS for some quick start to hopefully help reset the parameters so I can add the platies tomorrow. They seem ok in the bucket, and all parameters are in order. However, I will do a water change on the bucket tomorrow to ensure that it stays that way.

While at my LFS, I found that they had small Amazon Sword plants for $1 a plant! I grabbed the two healthiest looking ones. They will stay in their plastic bag until tomorrow, when I will have time to bleach dip them to remove any snails, then they will be quarantined for at least two weeks. Iā€™m not taking any chances! However, I am excited to have my main plant in my possession!

AB35DF16-5431-4994-9645-C524508377CC.jpeg

Day two:

The cloudiness has been cleared from the water. However, the cycle seems to have restarted, as the parameters stand thus:
Ammonia: .50
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

View attachment 164596

I ran to my LFS for some quick start to hopefully help reset the parameters so I can add the platies tomorrow. They seem ok in the bucket, and all parameters are in order. However, I will do a water change on the bucket tomorrow to ensure that it stays that way.

While at my LFS, I found that they had small Amazon Sword plants for $1 a plant! I grabbed the two healthiest looking ones. They will stay in their plastic bag until tomorrow, when I will have time to bleach dip them to remove any snails, then they will be quarantined for at least two weeks. Iā€™m not taking any chances! However, I am excited to have my main plant in my possession!

View attachment 164598
Looking good!!

Day three:

Tested my parameters again this afternoon, and the quick start seems to have worked.
Ammonia: .05ppm (roughly, it wasnā€™t 0 but not close to .25)
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm

EA5E0FE5-8B94-43BC-A442-79948FDA9F7F.jpeg

Decided it was safe to add the platies, so I transferred the two original back into the 30g, and the three new fry into a small breeder box. My judgement is awful today because I got four hours of sleep, but I wanted to make sure that the smallest fry couldnā€™t be eaten by my adult, so they are in the breeder box for now. All the platies got fed well with BBS, which is why some of them look chubby.

2CE5AD4F-EB3F-4464-AAD8-8FBF54E80690.jpeg

What do you guys think? Iā€™m mostly concerned about the blue ones, I think the red spotted one should be fine. My adult is below.

09F474E3-7DFA-4F6B-AC5B-39516CFF1714.jpeg

That was a good price on those Amazon Swords, and that's one of my favorite plants. It's a beautiful plant.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back