2.5 hours later and it’s done, at least for now! The process went smoother than expected. Got rid of all traces of the clown gravel, and removed the blue plant and the bucket decoration. I will replace the filter floss soon, but for now I’m more concerned about having the tank recycle as fast as possible.
First we took most of the water out using siphons and buckets.
View attachment 164568
Then we took all of the fake plants out, and removed the tank from its stand. We emptied the clown gravel as best we could using cups, then we took the tank off of its stand and outside. We emptied the rest of the water by tipping the tank over, and used the hose to spray out the rest of the gravel.
View attachment 164569
Once the tank was empty, we brought it back inside and wiped out the inside and the rim.
View attachment 164570
Starting to fill it back up without the river rock.
View attachment 164571
View attachment 164572
I didn’t get any photos of the decor and plants going in, but here’s the setup I have for now!
View attachment 164573