Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I'm looking to put a new filter on my 45-gallon aquarium(currently has a Tetra Whisper 60iq) and I had a few questions.
1. What might be some good ones? This one is a bit loud, which is weird given its name lol
2. Could I put it on my 29-gallon tank? Or would it be too much?
3. How is your day?

Don't know if this changes anything but here is the stock for both
45 Gallon:
2 Angels (Unknown Type)
2 Opaline Gourami
8 Black Veil Tetra
6 Pearl Danio
8 Emerald Cory
2 Julii Cory
1 King Tiger Pleco
1 Colombian Spotted Pleco
4 Mystery Snail
4 Nerite Snail
A few ghost shrimp that I'm not fully sure how they've not been eaten yet lol
Tall stem plants and ferns

29 Gallon:
1 Dwarf Gourami
8 Neon Tetra
4 Platy(Not sure which but look like Black Hamberg)
4 Zebra Danio
4 Albino Cory
4 Algae Eaters
1 Rubber Lip Pleco
1 Mystery Snail
Tall stem plants, ferns, and hornwort floating

I know I have stock issues but I'm addressing them

1. I can't really recommend anything since I don't know that much about filters in the US but I would say that you overshoot, buy a filter for a 55 gallons tank, and add as much biological media as possible.
2. I would say no because there would be a really big chance that there is too much current for some of the fish like the gourami, for example, also what are your algae eaters, I'm intrigued
3. so far so good

I believe that the Whisper filters have a cartridge and I'm just not a fan of cartridge filters. They seem convenient, but the consumables are a cash cow for the manufacturer.
Just my $.2, but I have always been a fan of Aquaclear HOB's and now the Seachem Tidal HOB's also look good...although all of mine are filled completely with sponge material.

1. I can't really recommend anything since I don't know that much about filters in the US but I would say that you overshoot, buy a filter for a 55 gallons tank, and add as much biological media as possible.
2. I would say no because there would be a really big chance that there is too much current for some of the fish like the gourami, for example, also what are your algae eaters, I'm intrigued
3. so far so good
Golden Chinese Algae Eaters, pretty fish but massive

I believe that the Whisper filters have a cartridge and I'm just not a fan of cartridge filters. They seem convenient, but the consumables are a cash cow for the manufacturer.
Just my $.2, but I have always been a fan of Aquaclear HOB's and now the Seachem Tidal HOB's also look good...although all of mine are filled completely with sponge material.
I'll look into those

I have some Marineland HOB filters on my tanks. The 200 and 350 would work on the 29 and 45. Yes it uses a carriage-however I have never used mine with the cartridge. I stuff it with sponge and other bacterial media like bagged Eheim substrat pro or Seachem matrix. They are quiet, easy to clean and very inexpensive. I also have two Seachem Tidal 75, and they work very well. I had bought a couple Aquaclear years ago when they were in the middle of transferring companies but their motors died on me after 8 months and the other under a year. Won't do that again-especially since the Marineland is such a better deal $ wise.

1. What might be some good ones? This one is a bit loud, which is weird given its name lol
2. Could I put it on my 29-gallon tank? Or would it be too much?
3. How is your day?
1) I’m really impressed with the Seachem Tidal. It’s super quiet and it has a huge media bay.
2) The Tetra filter would be fine in the 29g, although the flow may be to strong, unless it has adjustable flow.
3) A school day is never good... just kidding, I’m doing well. :)

1) I’m really impressed with the Seachem Tidal. It’s super quiet and it has a huge media bay.
2) The Tetra filter would be fine in the 29g, although the flow may be to strong, unless it has adjustable flow.
3) A school day is never good... just kidding, I’m doing well. :)
I'll look into that filter

I'm also at school today. Are you in university or secondary school?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back