Filter Questions?

Vam

Reaction score
Well I been running my tank for over a week now, changing the water everyday, monitoring the ammonia and ph levels carefully. I've been feeding my fish once a day, until I know the tank has finished cycling.

Currently, my fish seem "lazy" or slow and ponderous. One of my tetra's seems to hanging out under the heater and not moving much at all, he moved around when I changed the water today but he went back to his spot shortly there after. I'm concerned about him but I'm such a newbie, I have no idea whats wrong with him and if I can help him any?

I've noticed when water changing my tank seems to have a small degree of gunky grunge in the tank. The tank is still cloudy and I'm wondering if my mechanical filter is working right? Should it be catching some of the waste from the fish? There seems to be alot in the tank? How much waste from the fish should be in the tank?

I'm concerned that this stuff might be making my fish sick? Is the filter working right? Should I be seeing fish pop in the water after a water change?

PH: 6.8
Ammonia: .5ppm

When fish stay still, what could it be a sign of?
My three tetras, bala shark and my betta seem to be behaving in the much the same manner. Just "hovering" about, one tetra in particular just refuses to move around at all.

Most reactions

trending

Back