Fijian Clown Fish Aggression

jeasko

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just had to share this as I'm totally amazed by it........

Have had a pair of fijian red clowns for about 4 years that I brought as a pair they have always been good additions in my tak and relatively peaceful with the occasional argument with my fox faced rabbit fish, earlier this week I added 2 zoa frags which kept getting knocked off the location or so I thought until just now when shortly after using an elastic band to keep one in place I observed the female clown literally throw it off the shelf it was on! So thought I'd move it a little further from my Duncan's coral as they are hosting that only to watch the female throw the frag and almost fist sized rock it was on across the way!

Having now looked it up I suspect she is about to lay her eggs as she also pushed a turbo snail from the rock near by and stays fairly close to the Duncan's coral , have managed to solve the prob by a minor rescape which has either thrown the clown or she has accepted as her territory has now changed!

Anyone else seen such behaviour?

Yes. Clowns are nasty little S heads. What kind exactly? Have never heard of the kind of clown you stated. A lot of clowns have a reddish tone.

When I bouhpght them I recall they were named Fijian red clowns, but after looking further into it over the last week it would appear they are barberi clowns

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back