Ferrets

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fuzzynicki

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've been keeping ferrets for 7 years now and have adopted many rescues over these years. I am now down to 9 as they do tend to suffer often from lymphoma and I have lost several due to this. I have two groups as they do not all get along.

Group 1:

Jax
DSC02309.jpg

Tiana
DSC00711.jpg

Mistletoe
DSC02543.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

Oscar
DSC02550.jpg

Chuck
DSC01061.jpg

Group 2:

Precious and Pepsi
P2137179.jpg

Polo
DSC02583.jpg

Tic-Tac
P2207462.jpg

R.I.P
Zorro
DSC01508.jpg

Barley
DSC00134-1.jpg

Ollie
DSC00099.jpg

Squirrel
DSC02470.jpg

I miss my ferret! Her name was Silky and she got on really well with our cat....once the cat realized who was in charge, lol! Your ferrets are awesome :good:

Thank you both :) I must admit that Oscar is super cute! :nod: Jax is a total mummy's boy. He just wants to be with me all the time and loves giving loads of kisses! Polo is cuddly and kissy too. The girls are too full of mischief to sit still for any length of time! They do make amazing pets :good: :D

They are gorgeous. I love them all. Tic Tac doesn't look too friendly in that pic lol

I nominate the picture of Oscar for the POTM comp

ah thanks Marie :good: I missed this month but if someone seconds it then maybe I could enter next month? Not sure how it works lol!

Tic-Tac isn't cuddly like his brother Polo,- but he's a good boy and has never bitten anyone :good: :D

ah thanks Marie :good: I missed this month but if someone seconds it then maybe I could enter next month? Not sure how it works lol!

Tic-Tac isn't cuddly like his brother Polo,- but he's a good boy and has never bitten anyone :good: :D
Yeah you could enter next month if you get a second. I love your ferrets, I love all animals really. I'm animal mad. I think your ferrets are lovely.

They all look lovely Jax looks so sweet natured in that pic.

I must admit I am very biased :lol: Mind you,- I have won many, many rosettes over the years at ferret shows and also ferret racing. Super fun! :D

I must admit I am very biased :lol: Mind you,- I have won many, many rosettes over the years at ferret shows and also ferret racing. Super fun! :D

Wow that does sound like fun. I'd have everything if I was allowed, I just love all animals. My dogs are like my little babies lol

Oh god, there so cute! I had two ferrets; Oscar (like you) and Savannah. Savannah died last year, and since then Oscar has been a single ferret. I tried to introduce him to a kit but he wouldn't take it.
Do you have any advice? Should I get another ferret and try and aclimatize them, or should I just leave Oscar? He's quite old, about 6, and he's not very fast; he's an old, cuddly, ferret now :)

Hi Zophie. Sorry to hear about the loss of Savannah :sad: Ferrets usually tend to live up to the age of 8. Some can make 10 -12! Normally ferrets like to be kept with other ferrets. It may be that Oscar is quite happy being a single ferret now, but if you feel that he would be happier with company then your best bet would be to take him along with you to chose a new buddy. Most rescues have dozens,- or even hundreds of ferret in at any one time, so you are sure to find someone Oscar likes. Probably another older hob who wouldn't be too energetic/enthusiastic for Oscar to cope with!

What part of the country are you in? There are a lot of ferret rescues around.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back