female nesting eggs

cutecotton

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi, just thought i'd share something interesting iwht you all becuase i've never seen it hapepne before.

I have kept my female betta in a 1G for a few days now since she came out of breeding, and tonight i notice she had a litlte nest in a corner of the tank, and eggs in it! obviously teh eggs are not fertilzied, but it's cute how she decided to build a nest and put them in there :D awwww :wub: i've never seen a female blow a nest before, it's not as big and bubbly as the males, but i'ts defintiely a bubblenest!!!

very cute :wub: :wub: i love these girls! they give me something new everyday :)

:lol: that little girl has developed her nest further over hte night..it's now huge and all the eggs are sticking above the water :rolleyes: she is guarding them like they're goign to hatch :sad:

cutecotton said:
cation said:
Man, is she ever going to be disappointed.... :lol:
:lol: i agree...the eggs are starting to "melt" :sad: i think she wants to be a mom :rolleyes:
hiya cotton, have u managed 2 take any pix ?

shes gona be really disappointed, but i guess at least u no, if u ever needed a motherly figure for betta fry if the male didnt turn out 2 be a gud daddy, she wud take over!

wud be great if u cud get sum pix

recently we had one of the doubletail girls we bred decide she was ready to breed as well. she was in a divided tank with our doubletail male and all of a sudden she started dropping eggs, lots and lots of eggs. since they were unfertilized we let the male in there to help clean up things. they both made short work of the eggs and had a little snack. ;)

hehe she is a very cute girl :rolleyes: i have never seen a female do that so it's quite interesting to watch :D

here's one taken by my webcams, you can see the girl staring at the camera to the right, probably wondering what i'm doing with that thing :rolleyes: she is too cute for words!

Picture013.jpg

lol i did post a pic! she's suppose to get her water changed today but i suppose i can wait a day or two :rolleyes: she looks like she's going to be depressed for hte rest of her life if i suddenly take away her "babies"

she's constantly tending to the nest! like a male would :wub: she's blowing bubbles and never leaving it :blink: she's not eating the eggs either, she must think they are fertilized and she'll have fry soon :sad:

Very cute. :wub: I hope she doesn't get too sad about them not hatching..... :sad:

cutecotton said:
lol i did post a pic! she's suppose to get her water changed today but i suppose i can wait a day or two :rolleyes: she looks like she's going to be depressed for hte rest of her life if i suddenly take away her "babies"

she's constantly tending to the nest! like a male would :wub: she's blowing bubbles and never leaving it :blink: she's not eating the eggs either, she must think they are fertilized and she'll have fry soon :sad:
Was referring that message to Betta_lova, he's asking for pics but never posts his own.

Most reactions

Back