What's new

Hi! I'm new

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

NoHugTheFish

Reaction score
Hi!
Obviously I got my screen name because my daughter "hugged" her goldfish when she was 4.
Now empty nest is on the horizon and I've been wanting a tank, so I thought I'd start back small while I decide what kind of tank I would like to go with. So meanwhile I've had one Beta, one snail for a roommate if all goes well there may be shrimp.
I found this site because it has the only thing I can find about a Beta that has a white speck by it's anus, the article is from 2007 and everyone just commented it was strange and had never heard of it before. Well, my Beta has had one for ages. I've just been watching it because it resembled a snail egg, I thought maybe he touched a fresh one and stuck & it may fall off eventually. He's a male, came from Pet Co. about a year ago. He has great color, eats well, the bubble nest making has slowed down a bit. No GF for him, I've seen mild aggression in that sometimes he tries to beat up on the snail. Lol. I worry it's a parasite and will one day do him in.

Attachments

• View recent photos.png
    View recent photos.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 23
I think you have a female Betta!
That spot is sometimes called an "egg spot".
Others might correct me, but I do believe you have a girl, not a guy. ☺️
Well thank you!!!
That's good news!
That is hillarious! The box said... the fins are so long... welcome to my life in 2022, can't seem to get any pronouns right!! :oops:
😂

Thank you Rocky998 Seriously, I got up one morning and the poor thing (Goldfish named Cinderella) was slightly dented... I asked, the kids told.
Sad. That is a sad story. Sorry the fish died, really...

But at the same time it's kinda hilarious 😂

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back