Feeling discouraged

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

T
I cannot see the "dots," and if these fish were mine I would most certainly not add salt or anything else but clean water. Increase the temperature. Rams need warmth permanently, no less than 80F to begin with. Raising the temp to 86F is advisable for a week or two weeks. The fish can fight ich off easily if not stressed more.
OP can’t increase the temp as no external thermostat control on heater.

T
OP can’t increase the temp as no external thermostat control on heater.
I think a heater where you can control the temp is a good investment, and an essential one if you keep rams as @Byron suggests.

I ordered an adjustable heater and ick medication on amazon, I'm doing daily water changes right now

IMG_20190930_100201.jpg
IMG_20190930_100204.jpg

Definitely ich! Easy to see new w. Don’t do meds and raise temp. Choose one or the other to do. Otherwise you’ll put too much stress on the fish. Hoping all goes well!

Okay, that sounds good I'm just thinking myself that I put these new fish in a quarantine tank instead of my display tank that would have been so sad if I spread it to them. The medication and the thermometer will be here tomorrow should I just try raising the temp first what's the quickest way since it will be the third day tomorrow that I've seen it.

Okay, that sounds good I'm just thinking myself that I put these new fish in a quarantine tank instead of my display tank that would have been so sad if I spread it to them. The medication and the thermometer will be here tomorrow should I just try raising the temp first what's the quickest way since it will be the third day tomorrow that I've seen it.
I like the temp method but it’s entirely up to you. If you do temp, raise it a couple of degrees an hour. You can also add some aquarium salt to help with any small wounds they may get as ich falls off. Also, if you have one, add an air stone for added oxygen. Higher heat depletes some oxygen. Wishing the best!

Okay, so I have aquarium salt but someone else said don't use it so I got scared, I have the air tubing and air stone as well, just waiting for my air pump to arrive tomorrow as well. I will use the thermometer method first and raise 2 degrees every hour.

How much aquarium salt do you use? According to the directions it says put 1 TBL let 5 gallon every 48 hours ? And do 20 % water changes daily

I’d do exactly that on dosage but add back whatever you take out in water changes. I would do a 75% water change and add back 3/4 tablespoon of salt after each change. .

So this morning I already did a 25% water change , should shouldI just add the salt dosage then? Or do another 50% change then add the salt? Or Then wait till tomorrow and do the 75% water change and temperature raising all same time? start the temperature raising Tommorow once I get the heater? Sorry so many questios , I haven't had to ever treat for this and I am feeling way overwhelmend.

You need to keep the temp up for at least 2 weeks. This link will explain the ich lifecycle and why this works.
Ich parasite doesn’t like salt so go ahead and do a salt treatment tonight of 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons with no water change. Tomorrow begin heat treatment, do 75% water change, and add 3/4 tablespoon of salt for every 5 gallons. Begin with temp at whatever your QT tank is at and increase temp 2 degrees an hour until you get to the 86F. Keep it their 14 days.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back