Favourite Type Of Shrimp?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Not listing every shrimp ever, just ones that are most easy to obtain in the UK, which are your favourite?
 
I think that is an impossible question, no? :P
 
It depends what you mean by easy :P

I got my Crystal Red Shrimp in an LFS and they are definatly my favorite but i've not seen any in any shops locally since or before i got them. They were easy for me to get at least! The shrimp I normally see in LFS's are Anamo, Cherry and Bamboo shrimp of which i would say Cherrys are my favorite as they breed in fresh water easily.

If you count ordering online (or taking a very long drive) my favorites are Giant African Filter Shrimp.

If you count ordering online from Germany as easy my favorite shrimp are currently the Sulawesi Harlequin shrimp :P
 
That Sulawesi Harlequin is lovely!!!
 
Cocktail

























:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Copepods (non-parasitic) I like, as they are interesting, and fish food that breeds in the tank, cleans up, and all sorts of other stuff!
 
A pic for all you Cherry Shrimp lovers from my Cherry breeding tank :)

shrimp1.jpg


Personally though I much prefer Crystal Red Shrimp but cannot seem to get any at all!!
 
are we talking about salt or fresh water shrimp?
coz Lysmata amboinensis the skunk cleaner shrimp are generally easy to get and are pretty hardy, but they're salties.
 
are we talking about salt or fresh water shrimp?
coz Lysmata amboinensis the skunk cleaner shrimp are generally easy to get and are pretty hardy, but they're salties.

Any shrimp you like me dear
 
Yeah, my fav is crystal red shrimp. :good:

But I've never seen them for sale. :angry:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top