Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Tang

• Butterfly fish

• Wrasse

• Total voters
LoL, I haven't actually owned a clown fish but I saw one at my lfs and it was cool ;)

This is a problem. First of all, some of these aren't species but families of fish, each of which contains many, many fish that are wildly different from each other (wrasses). Others are species that leave out more interesting fish in their families (Blue Tang vs. other more spectacular Tangs).

Second, so many are left out. My Lawnmower Blenny is this prehistoric looking, weird/cool fish. My Royal Gramma Basslet is one of the most colorful fish around.

So I can't vote.

Yes, I think clownfish is probably the main saltwater icon IMO.

Also, the movie "Finding Nemo" helped get a lot of people to learn the name of the clownfish. The movie mostly ignored other types of fish, though.

Never owned a clownfish, but would like to...saw one in my lfs, was swimming around shouting "oy, you, over there....hello...hello...loook at me...i'm so cute..buy my, buy me, buy me....me me me me me me...helloooooo.....hello...." and waving at me through the glass!! ;)

(ok, so the voice was in my head, but thats what it was TRYING to say!! honest!! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back