Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Border Collie

• Total voters

plecoperson

Fishaholic
Reaction score
sorry if I forgot any particular breed people want to see up there they are just the ones I could remeber from Crufts!

In case anyone doesnt know best in show was won by an English bred american Norfolk terrier. reserve by an English setter.

anyway my best breed is either a mongrel or a ROUGH COLLIE (lassie dog) but thats not why I like them. Ive liked them for about 6 or 7 year. They are stunning.

Ive put some less well known breeds up there but if you have favourites not on the list please let us know!

Bearded collies without a shadow of a doubt, we've got a bearded collie cross and she's great :wub: :wub: :wub:

i like beardies too! in fact almost any type of collie will do for me except borders...too high maintenance. and too common (as in widespread not "not glamorous" enough!)

My favorite dog is a rottweiler, but I also love my dog

He's a Border Collie/Blue Heeler :wub:
Picture024.jpg

Cavalier King Charles Springer Spaniel.

My mom has one and we watch her from time to time. A real mushball of a dog.

Attachments

• maggie.JPG
    maggie.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 94
I want an English Bulldog sooo bad!!!! Only, they are about $1,500 here for a puppy. THose darn little guys have such wide sholders that they are born by c-section. *sigh* Looks like I'll have to rescue one. Ahem, unless anyone would like to GIVE me one....*hint, hint* :lol:

SHELL said:
Bearded collies without a shadow of a doubt, we've got a bearded collie cross and she's great :wub: :wub: :wub:
I'm with you there Shell...

Sophie (our bearded collie) was great - RIP.

For looks: Saarloos Wolfhond
For personality: American Pit Bull Terrier/American Staffordshire Terrier

I want a little pug so bad... but my boyfriend doesn't like them. Anyone ever had a pug?

No, but I've worked with them, and although they have lovely personalities... please don't get one. Their deformed faces result in terrible, crippling respritory problems that basically prevent them from "being a dog." They have trouble breathing when they play, overheat extremely easily, are obese-prone (which makes them have even MORE beathing problems), they get scratches to the cornea frequently, and they also suffer from skinfold dermatits. These dogs will literally have heat stroke lying around in an un-airconditioned room for a 1/2 hour. Its horrible. Anyone who breeds them cares nothing about animal welfare or the quality of life of these dogs. For a small breed, they die very young, and the amount of health costs during the dog's life just isn't worth it.
However, if you still want one, at least go to a breed rescue (there are LOTS for pugs since they're a big time "fad" pet right now) so you're not dishing out money to people who are breeding dogs for a lifetime of suffering and discomfort.

Pnyklr3, petfinder.com, go to breed search, and that will show you all the available English bulldogs available for adoption (I should know, I was just looking at them the other night ;) )

As to dog breeds:

Mutts and mogrels
Crossbreeds
Every type of bully you can name... :D
Boxers
Rotties
Small furry terriers, like Westies, Cairns... Toto dogs.
Mastiffs, all the ones I can think of at the moment I like
Huskies, Malamutes, wolf type dogs
Hounds, such as wolfhounds, elk hounds, not beagles or those types.
Shar Peis (know I spelled that wrong, but I can't find my dog book...)

I'm hoping to get an American Bulldog mix, as english bulldogs have a lot of health problems I can't deal with at the moment, and I want some boxer in there too...

bernese mountain dogs!!!

they have they most beautiful coloring they are built a little like a great pyrenees, but the fur is kinda wavy, not so fluffy and the are black with tan points,white nose/chest and paws....so pretty! they also have great personalities...

that said, i love all dogs!!! when i get a house i will have a pound puppy ASAP!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back