Favorite CLEAN songs

What surprises me nobody here mentioned Dylan, Joplin, Morrison, or Stones..
Hummm
Bob Dylan has way to many to list but here are some new work.
Tempest
Tin Man

Hope this works

Oh my gosh... That's one of my most favorite songs... Goodness its so good...

I haven't replied to this thread due to what happened in past posts and I decided to give possible bad feelings time to heal. I want to bump this thread back up and recommend a new song!

Don't worry he isn't rapping in this... I find this a very beautiful song and I put it on sometimes when I'm sad... I know its a sad song but I find it nice still:

That is the first song I heard by them. When I was researching them I found out that the three members of the group are brothers and they all have autism. Pretty cool! (Not cool that they have autism just that their all brothers and have the same thing)
Only AJR song I know is Bang Bang Bang, which is really good.

I don't know what "clean" or "family" music is. There's badly written music, which can be loaded with f-bombs or not, and there are families that can be super different in their values and language. It's part of that old problem of Christian cancel culture that seems so well established in some places.

I was listening to a rapper yesterday with a really thoughtful song about growing up in a single parent family and how he and his Mom had worked together. The language wasn't churchy, and I would violate rules by posting it here, but the message was powerfully crafted. It was a very family oriented song, for sure.

One definition of clean doesn't wash nowadays. When given a choice between versions of a song, I always choose the one that hasn't been censored.

There are some really good instrumentals out there!

I don't know what "clean" or "family" music is. There's badly written music, which can be loaded with f-bombs or not, and there are families that can be super different in their values and language. It's part of that old problem of Christian cancel culture that seems so well established in some places.

I was listening to a rapper yesterday with a really thoughtful song about growing up in a single parent family and how he and his Mom had worked together. The language wasn't churchy, and I would violate rules by posting it here, but the message was powerfully crafted. It was a very family oriented song, for sure.

One definition of clean doesn't wash nowadays. When given a choice between versions of a song, I always choose the one that hasn't been censored.

There are some really good instrumentals out there!
I personally believe it’s just a song, so the “language” is a non-issue. If you take it to heart, then it could turn into a big issue. But for me at least, I listen to it and that’s it. I find meaning in a lot of these “not clean” songs, just because the artist had so much emotion when writing it. It’s almost like I could feel exactly what he was talking about, even though I have never experienced anything like it.

I personally believe it’s just a song, so the “language” is a non-issue. If you take it to heart, then it could turn into a big issue. But for me at least, I listen to it and that’s it. I find meaning in a lot of these “not clean” songs, just because the artist had so much emotion when writing it. It’s almost like I could feel exactly what he was talking about, even though I have never experienced anything like it.
I appreciate the songs but its just like, why do you HAVE to curse... I mean people's standards have gone down sooo much... Now we can watch things on TV that should be on a different place if you understand what I'm talking about... Its sad... Some people dont want the cursing, we just want the emotion of the song and a good beat... My radio stations block out language but recently they started allowing @** and b****... Very sad

I watched the Arcane series on Netflix. I loved all the music but this one makes me cry like a baby. I love it! Especially knowing the "story" behind. I could listen to it on repeat forever!

I appreciate the songs but its just like, why do you HAVE to curse... I mean people's standards have gone down sooo much... Now we can watch things on TV that should be on a different place if you understand what I'm talking about... Its sad... Some people dont want the cursing, we just want the emotion of the song and a good beat... My radio stations block out language but recently they started allowing @** and b****... Very sad
Sometimes you just can’t feel the emotion without the language. On TV people cuss just to spice things up and make it seem a lot more tense, but with these artists who have seen their friends killed by gangs, their mother OD on drugs, and abusive fathers? That’s just how they express themselves.

Sometimes you just can’t feel the emotion without the language. On TV people cuss just to spice things up and make it seem a lot more tense, but with these artists who have seen their friends killed by gangs, their mother OD on drugs, and abusive fathers? That’s just how they express themselves.
Yah, I hate that excuse though... NF's mom died do to an overdose but his song "How Could You Leave Us" still shows a ton of emotion without cursing along with "therapy session" and "change"... To me I have a lot more respect for those who dont curse at all because its harder to do rather than filling in all the blanks with cursing... I dont mind if there are songs that curse but if they want to do that then at least make another version where they replace the words. And maybe dont do it for every song they make, just ones that go big.

I wish there was a way to watch clean versions of movies because a lot of the movies have wayyyyyyy too much... They dont need to "spice" something up cause then a lot of kids cant watch it unless the parents just let their kids watch whatever... I like transformers but the creators should know that kids like it a lot and they dont need two f bombs and a boat load of B words and S---s... Plus all the transformer movies besides the 2007 version and bumblebee movie are just bad in general. Even the the first one sucks cause all they used megan for was "eyecandy"... At least the movie bumblebee had a storyline and not just alien comes and blows stuff up and then guy get some hot girl.... I really hate cheesy movies like that...

I like most all the spiderman movies, especially the Andrew Garfield versions... For the most part its clean and actually has a good plot to it. I really love the Tom Holland spiderman but they just curse... In the first one, Homecoming, there wasnt a lot of cursing and it had a fairly good storyline. Then far from home came along with more cursing then the last and now no way home even has more... Its like, you realize kids watch this or REALLY want to... I cant see No way home cause my little brother cant hear the language... He repeats EVERYTHING... He almost said the F word once and hes already called us the B word multiple times...

Yah, I hate that excuse though... NF's mom died do to an overdose but his song "How Could You Leave Us" still shows a ton of emotion without cursing along with "therapy session" and "change"... To me I have a lot more respect for those who dont curse at all because its harder to do rather than filling in all the blanks with cursing... I dont mind if there are songs that curse but if they want to do that then at least make another version where they replace the words. And maybe dont do it for every song they make, just ones that go big.

I wish there was a way to watch clean versions of movies because a lot of the movies have wayyyyyyy too much... They dont need to "spice" something up cause then a lot of kids cant watch it unless the parents just let their kids watch whatever... I like transformers but the creators should know that kids like it a lot and they dont need two f bombs and a boat load of B words and S---s... Plus all the transformer movies besides the 2007 version and bumblebee movie are just bad in general. Even the the first one sucks cause all they used megan for was "eyecandy"... At least the movie bumblebee had a storyline and not just alien comes and blows stuff up and then guy get some hot girl.... I really hate cheesy movies like that...

I like most all the spiderman movies, especially the Andrew Garfield versions... For the most part its clean and actually has a good plot to it. I really love the Tom Holland spiderman but they just curse... In the first one, Homecoming, there wasnt a lot of cursing and it had a fairly good storyline. Then far from home came along with more cursing then the last and now no way home even has more... Its like, you realize kids watch this or REALLY want to... I cant see No way home cause my little brother cant hear the language... He repeats EVERYTHING... He almost said the F word once and hes already called us the B word multiple times...
That’s really his decision. He said he took huge inspiration from Eminem, because he used to listen to him all the time as a kid.

Its like, you realize kids watch this or REALLY want to... I cant see No way home cause my little brother cant hear the language... He repeats EVERYTHING... He almost said the F word once and hes already called us the B word multiple times...
Thats a big issue for sure. The thing with me is I never repeat anything bad I hear. I just think cussing someone out makes you look weak and stupid, that’s why I never cuss.

My little brother on the other hand? He’ll repeat anything he hears, which is why he can’t watch PG-13+ movies without ClearPlay.

I wish there was a way to watch clean versions of movies because a lot of the movies have wayyyyyyy too much... They dont need to "spice" something up cause then a lot of kids cant watch it unless the parents just let their kids watch whatever...
Check out this device called “ClearPlay”. It will essentially mute any language and cut drug/other bad scenes out of the movie. You can also set filters for blasphemy, nudity, bloodshed, etc.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back