Farewell

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dare2Dream

Reaction score
Am giving it all up ! :eek:

I have decided i am rubbish at fish keeping, so scrapping my bigger tank (which never finnished setting up), and keeping my smaller tank for the time being. Just wanted to say thanks for all your help it was great, but i think i am beyond help as am useless with it all.

Tank is in the buy section if anyone is interested.

Bye all ! :byebye:

what!? how long have you been at it? dont give up!!!??
i felt like giving up sometimes but i pulled through and i'm damn glad i did!
make sure you are making the right decision

Hi there Dare2Dream,

If i were you, i would close that thread in the buy and sell section and sleep on it.

Im not entirely sure how long you have been keeping fish, but all i know is to start with we spent a shed load of money on our setup and got nowhere fast - very demoralising.
We had little experience and did not know of the cycle or anything.
We lost fish, did daily water changes for around 3 months, lost more fish, had disease (as a result of weakened immune systems), lost more fish and finally this last 3 months or so, things are beginning to get good!

Our kribs are breeding. We still have survivors from our original balls up and the fish are happy - or so they tell me :p

I have found the hobby is VERY demanding when things are going wrong, and we only have one tank!!
But when things are going good, you can't beat it..... IMO.....

Don't give up just yet, weigh up your options and make a decision with a cleared head......

I have another tank that i am going to keep which is smaller and fully set up and ok, i just don't think i have what it takes to look after a large tank.

It's been bugging me for a long time, I can always get another tank later on if i change my mind, i just feel i am no good at it !

Fish keeping is easy once you get the hang of it,i think of inexperienced fish keepers just try too hard, i havent had any fosh die or get a diesease inover a year and i just keep thing simple, small water changes twice a week and small regular feeding, thats all you need to do

I had sort of lost interest in my tanks, neglecting them for the last couple of months. I decided I wanted my tanks, cleaned them up and added new fish, and now I'm determined to look after them. If you want to give up your big tank and keep a small tank, do, but why quit the forums? You can get a lot of help from people here.

Hey don't give up, not yet I know it seems like an expensive hobby and a total disaster when your fish die and your left scratching your head 'thinking why did they just die'

Had many times like that believe me!!!!

Any one want some goldfish FREE to good home?

email [email protected]

I musta missed your problem threads. Then again, I've been scarce from this place lately. I too gotta suggest you keep the tank. The more water you got, the better off you are (more stable environment). Could it be you're buying fish from a sickly pet store? I made the mistake of buyin a loach from PetSmart. BIG mistake. ( they tend to run all tanks in a series through one fulter system ). Lost a little over half my stock to disease. ( no quarentine tank, YET ). That sucked. Had some sweet hard to find fishes go belly up during the summer plague of 2004. So yeah, it was discouraging. But dont give up! When it's runnin good and stocked theres no better ambiance!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back