Ever changing tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Any mild mannered cichlid that is close to the oscars size should work
Iv been looking towards threadfin acara but can’t seem to find any to buy

I would leave any central americans out of this mixing souths and centrals rarely works out well as we both know now... I dont think you have space for an other oscar really, the Thread Fin Acara is a good shout though. Wharf Aquatics have some in stock too https://www.wharfaquatics.co.uk/tropical-stock-american_cichlids.htm

For dither fish, they serve 2 purposes, give shy fish confidence and spread out aggression between fish in the tank or distract fish that are fighting in a bid to keep the peace. I think you need to think much bigger than Cardinal Tetras as these will 100% be eaten by the Oscar, you need to be thinking 3-4 inch minimum.

Wills

I would leave any central americans out of this mixing souths and centrals rarely works out well as we both know now... I dont think you have space for an other oscar really, the Thread Fin Acara is a good shout though. Wharf Aquatics have some in stock too https://www.wharfaquatics.co.uk/tropical-stock-american_cichlids.htm

For dither fish, they serve 2 purposes, give shy fish confidence and spread out aggression between fish in the tank or distract fish that are fighting in a bid to keep the peace. I think you need to think much bigger than Cardinal Tetras as these will 100% be eaten by the Oscar, you need to be thinking 3-4 inch minimum.

Wills
Can you recommend any dither fish ? And do you think they would be needed in my tank ?

It will help and I think looking at some other types of fish other than cichlids will help you out. There are a lot of nice silver dollars around now, tiger, spotted, black bar, blackberry and some of them stay quite a manageable size. Hoplo catfish would look great and are really great fish to have. Marbled Headstanders could look good in there as well though there are lots of nice head stander species available now too. You may get away with Colombian Tetras too if you can find some big ones.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back