Ever changing tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

What exactly is your current stocking now? I believe I remember this post from a little bit ago
I stock 4 eba a Sailfin pleco and an Oscar , I only ask because I have been offered a Jack Dempsey that was previously living with my Oscar in previous owners tank Iā€™m just worried about my acara as they are not fully grown at 3 inches

Arenā€™t Jack Dempseyā€™s mean?
I know not everyone keeps cichlids just a habit of thinking that way and yeah they have a bad reputation as aggressive fish even for cichlids

Super mean. I have heard they are some of the most aggressive cichlids. I wouldn't keep them with EBA.
Yeah that was my first thought , my eba are no push overs just the size differences as this jd is full grown I would say gotta be 7-8 inches

Yeah that was my first thought , my eba are no push overs just the size differences as this jd is full grown I would say gotta be 7-8 inches
Ye. I just don't see the mix going well. Especially if the EBA are spawning. I also don't think there are enough dither fish to spread any aggression.

Ye. I just don't see the mix going well. Especially if the EBA are spawning. I also don't think there are enough dither fish to spread any aggression.
I was looking to get some larger dither like cardinals but I have no shy fish non of my fish are on edge and need re assuring if I bought some dither fish it would just be as tank filler to be honest from what iv read and experienced so far I think my best bet is another Oscar as they are supposedly social fish Iā€™m only thinking large as I donā€™t really want firemouths or any mid size cichlid as competition for my eba as there territory is not reachable for larger like Oscar

I was looking to get some larger dither like cardinals but I have no shy fish non of my fish are on edge and need re assuring if I bought some dither fish it would just be as tank filler to be honest from what iv read and experienced so far I think my best bet is another Oscar as they are supposedly social fish Iā€™m only thinking large as I donā€™t really want firemouths or any mid size cichlid as competition for my eba as there territory is not reachable for larger like Oscar
Another oscar, that could work. Only problems you might run into are feeding and bonding. Feeding isn't to hard to avoid, but problems with gender can be tough. Do you know the sex of your current oscar?

Another oscar, that could work. Only problems you might run into are feeding and bonding. Feeding isn't to hard to avoid, but problems with gender can be tough. Do you know the sex of your current oscar?
I donā€™t know the sex , I hear they are very hard to almost impossible to sex by eye without taking them out and checking vents and I wouldnā€™t know what to look for to be honest , I feel my tabk mates are limited as my eba are mid sized and oscars are large but some what docile but will eat anything they can fit in there mouth ... I wanted a Midas but I fear it would destroy my whole tabk same as a green terror I know it all depends on the fish but my balance seems good at the moment

I donā€™t know the sex , I hear they are very hard to almost impossible to sex by eye without taking them out and checking vents and I wouldnā€™t know what to look for to be honest , I feel my tabk mates are limited as my eba are mid sized and oscars are large but some what docile but will eat anything they can fit in there mouth ... I wanted a Midas but I fear it would destroy my whole tabk same as a green terror I know it all depends on the fish but my balance seems good at the moment
Yea I'd stay away from terrors. Another Oscar could work if you have 150+ gallons.

Yea I'd stay away from terrors. Another Oscar could work if you have 150+ gallons.
Bit less I have 500l Iā€™m not sure what to add yet I donā€™t want to rush into a bad decision

Maybe a Red spotted severum? One of my favorite fish. Very fun personality like the oscar

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back