Concern in my 75g “community” tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

If you can get a video of them biting, upload it to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.
I do not have the blue one anymore as I donated him yesterday to my LFS, but I will take a picture of the damaged ones fins when I get home. Part of it is almost at the base of his fin. I thought they were friendly with each other but I noticed when they are apart, the blue one will dart over and start to nip the others fins and then linger around him until he decided to go away or go near the other orange one.

I do not have the blue one anymore as I donated him yesterday to my LFS, but I will take a picture of the damaged ones fins when I get home. Part of it is almost at the base of his fin. I thought they were friendly with each other but I noticed when they are apart, the blue one will dart over and start to nip the others fins and then linger around him until he decided to go away or go near the other orange one.
Sorry for the late picture but update, after removing the blue ones, now the two orange ones are more together and there is no chasing. Here is a picture of how the orange ones fins looked like that the blue one was picking on

Attachments

• IMG_1860.jpeg
    IMG_1860.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1861.jpeg
    IMG_1861.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 11
It should heal up with clean water and salt. Use 1 heaped tablespoon or rock salt per 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep salt in tank for 1-2 weeks then dilute it out.

Post a picture of the other rainbowfish so I can see what sex it is.

Most reactions

Back