Endler Guppies Finally Had Their Fry!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tmoney7

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So for about 8 weeks now i have been trying to get female endlers from my LFS (i already had the males) and have finally managed to get them yesterday afternoon.  I purposefully got the ones that i noticed were pregnant because i planned on breeding them anyways.  I looked in the tank this morning and saw three little guys swimming at the top with the rest of the endlers.  

I know that sometimes a females first batch can be small and i also heard that endlers do not tend to eat their fry, but is this true?  Three seems like kind of a small amount, but is it because the females or males did manage to eat some of them or are they hiding or did she just have a small batch of fry?

Endlers aren't big fry eaters, that's true.

And yes, three seems quite reasonable for a first drop; there could always be a few you haven't spotted as well!

That's nice, good luck with 'em.
You should soon have a nice little breeding colony.
The best/only way to keep Guppys or Endlers imo.

yeah i planned on them breeding pretty frequently hence why i only started off with 2M and 4F in a 10gal because i figured they would be filling it up pretty quickly.

tmoney7 said:
yeah i planned on them breeding pretty frequently hence why i only started off with 2M and 4F in a 10gal because i figured they would be filling it up pretty quickly.

It could be quicker than expected

yeah i figured it would be soon, but i have no worries because i can sell them back to my LFS which is what i planned on

DerpPH said:

It could be quicker than expected

Yeah, I'd have said that 2F and 1M would have been a better idea.

Endlers! I have always liked them, mostly because of the similarities to Guppies.  I would like to breed them, where did you get yours?

I got mine at my LFS, but it took 8 weeks to get all of the females.

Update: found 3 fry about 4 days ago and this morning i found 8 more so now i have a total of 11 fry so far!! 
yahoo.gif

tmoney7 said:
I got mine at my LFS, but it took 8 weeks to get all of the females.

Update: found 3 fry about 4 days ago and this morning i found 8 more so now i have a total of 11 fry so far!! :yahoo:
Good! If they keep at it in a few months you could have at least 50+ more endlers

Yeah i dont think ill let the numbers get that high :D, but my LFS will be getting a good supply of them!

One pregnant female can turn into 2,320 in one year, providing she has 10 females in each batch (and also providing I haven't worked this out completely wrong:))

no way!
you'd need like a 5,500 litre tank to house them all, haha. one day :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back