Ember Tetras

Jonty

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
744
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 25l tank 24" x 8" x 8" and was going to keep a betta in it until I saw some Ember Tetras. From my research I know they only grow to 2 cm. I was wondering whether I could keep a shoal of 6-10 in the tank on their own? The tank I going to be planted low-tech.

I have a 200lph filter in my main tank along with my main filter, so that will give at 8x turnover hopefully when I move it across. It's been in the main tank for 2 months. I'd really like to have a shoal of 6, then when the tank has matured maybe up the number to 10. Would this be ok?

Thanks, Jonty.
 
You're right Jonty, 2cm is the average size. I reckon that tank should be big enough for them. Will they be the only inhabitants? If so starting with 6 then going to 10 sounds like a good plan. Should look really nice aswell :)
 
You're right Jonty, 2cm is the average size. I reckon that tank should be big enough for them. Will they be the only inhabitants? If so starting with 6 then going to 10 sounds like a good plan. Should look really nice aswell :)

Yep, only inhabitants. Thanks for the advice! Now I just have to find them, as they're apparently rare. There were some in Maidenhead Aquatics in Nottingham, but that's 2 hours away. Just hope there's some at Cambridge Maidenhead :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top