Embarassing Sporting Accidents / Painful Injuries

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ami

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi

I just had to ask for these seeing as I know we all have some embarassing incident or painful injury.

My latest was due to my own stupidity!

Anyone who visits the chat room regularly will know that I have managed to sprain my wrist (well, my thumb I think), but I haven't yet told anyone how....

Well, last night I went bowling with my entire floor at work, around 100 people. I haven't been bowling in years and was too busy yapping and moaning at the delay in our drinks to pay attention. It was now 5 and the drinks we're supposed to have been ready by 4.30 - we'd been there since 4 to we didn't have to wait for everyone else to get served and were still last!

When my turn came round, I didn't even bother looking at the pins and bowled what would have been a perfect strike. Honest!

Unforunately, I'd neglected to check and see if the barrier was up - it wasn't - and the bowling ball bounced back with some force and rolled up, finally coming to a halt in the gutter half way up the lane. My mate said 'go get it then', thinking I would say no way, but in my enthusiasm I decided to go collect it....at a dead run.

I quickly realised how slippy it was and decided to skid to a halt and walk the rest of the way. As a result I prompty landed on my backside, supported by my left wrist, which I then twisted the thumb back on.

Of course, I was in full view of everyone, so quickly picked the ball back up, for some reason bowled it back down the lane towards my colleagues smashing into the machine (I have no idea why I did that!), and then quickly made my way back to where my lager had now appeared and my friends were snorting theirs out their noses with laughter.

The bloke came over to me and said 'you're not supposed to go down there you know, it's very slippy', to which I replied in my most sarcastic voice, 'really? I hadn't noticed'.
:p

Strangely, I didn't win the prize for most unique style, however I do have a very painful wrist as a memento of my stupidity. Unfortunately, I'm right handed and it's my left that's shot so I couldn't even use it as an excuse not to go to work today!
:*)

So come on, everyone else post so I know I'm not the only total numpty out there!
:D

That's Hilarious!!! :lol:

When I played Rugby (until I smashed my arm to bits and had to get metal in it) I used to be a second row... basically part of this role involes jumping and being lifted very high in the line-out (when the ball is being thrown in from the side). Unfortunatley though, this day I forgot to wear my tight cycling shorts underneath my rugby shorts... so, sure enough... when it came to the first lift... up I go and to all the crowd's full view is my *Cough Cough*!! :*) :*) :*)
It was quite a big crowd that day too! About 100 people! -- Least to say I've never been aloud to forget about it!

Lol!! :lol:

At least I was wearing trousers and there was no opportunity to flash anyone on my way down!

That'll teach you to not be prepared. :p

Oh, how I do like to laugh at other people's misfortunes!
:fun:

Where do I start??

Well, speaking of bowling about 2 years ago I went bowling for my friend Chris's birthday, I was all exited as id not been bowling for ages, on my first bowl my thumb got stuck in the hole, when I went to throw the ball it swang up the way snapping my thumb back on itself. :hyper:
It was bent back at a 90 degrees and was very painfull indeed, it hurt ALOT more than i let on and when my friend Stu suggested i ask at the bar for a glass of ice to put it in to keep the swelling down till I could get to hospital the worst part was I had to que at the bar....in agony, when the barmaid finally got to me after about 15 minutes she said "yes, what can I get for you"....I asked for the glass of ice and showed her why....to which she replied "oh my god, I think Im going to be sick".....I wasnt feeling too clever myself!

My last injury was from pulling my t-shirt over my head whilst walking down the stairs (not goal celebration style....I was putting it on at the time)....never a good idea!, but a word to the wise....if you are stupid enough to pull a t-shirt over your head whilst walking down a flight of stairs thus blinding yourself and causing yourself to fall headfirst down the stairs....dont stick your arms out trying to stop yourself, this will only make matters worse by getting your arm caught between the rungs of the banister and making the fall alot more painfull than it needed to be!

We are currently waiting to get the bedroom carpeted and have a roll of carpet lying up one half of the stairs, its been there for 3 days and ive almost tripped over it 5 times now coming down stairs......I fear another painfull head dive down the stairs may be just around the corner!

ha ha ha!!! :lol: :fun:
(snigger)

You're even more accident prone than me!! I never thought it was possible, but now I do! :lol:

I fall downstairs a lot cos I tend to unbalance (for reasons some people will know and others don't need to) and last time I ended up with a huge bruise on my backside as a result. Once fell down 3 short flights in succession - I'm assuming i was dazed!

Worst accident was when I fell from a 3rd floor window, landed on my feet thought 'F***, that was lucky' tried to walk and collapsed in agony cos I'd fractured my back in 3 places and totally shattered my ankle.

I have numerous burns and cuts, last cut from a new years day incident. I have good reflexes (probably just as well!) and was washing the dishes, dropped a glass, hand automatically went to grab it, but it hit the work surface leaving a jagged spike up the way which meant I then impaled myself and needed stiches.

Didn't stop me from going to the cinema though, although it was a bit of an emergency drive to A&E to get the stiches done!
:D

Just make sure you don't trip whilst carrying a 15L buck for a water change i did and it wasnt verry funny.

Won't laugh then (Ami sniggers behind her hand) but I can imagine that it wasn't pretty. No electrical equipment nearby I hope?

"I fall downstairs a lot cos I tend to unbalance (for reasons some people will know and others don't need to)"

Do you care to elaborate on that?....I apreciate you said we dont NEEd to know.....Im just nosey thats all

Worst accident was when I fell from a 3rd floor window, landed on my feet thought 'F***, that was lucky' tried to walk and collapsed in agony cos I'd fractured my back in 3 places and totally shattered my ankle.
Hang on a minute, you accidently FELL from a THIRD floor window? AND landed on your FEET?

If you need a hand with the uneven distribution of weight, I can certainly try to erm balance it up for you :hey:

Arfie

Yeah, was a long story but I was 14 at the time and messing around. Spun when I fell after grabbing the drainpipe otherwise would have been my head I guess.
:(

Why Arfie, you've already offered to let me move in with you, generous enough I think!
:p

I have a few dents in my head generally due to running into things while I am drunk! (not done that in a while)

Best one is in my eyebrow, Was at college and had tried to climb in a window and ripped my trousers from waist belt right round to zip at front there ensued a chase by evil people trying to get a photo as I was wearing big granny knickers!(quite glad for that really)

Started running backwards turned to see where door was and there it was door frame in head! I kinda bounced got a bit concussed but as I was plastered didnt really think too much of it til the next day! Dented the door frame too!

The other was when car door was blown shut on my head jamminging it between the door and frame door hit me just behind my ear! OUCH!!! Wasnt drunk then and had Mick and his Mam in the car tried so hard not to cry, I bit my lip!!

Not really sporting injuries I know but I not too sporty and horsey ones are too frequent to mention and surprisingly not that impressive *touches wood* except the incredible bent finger as was picked up off ground by tip of finger by 17.3hh clydesdale who thought it was a carrot! Didnt break jus bent a bit!

eee got horrid feeling of impending doom now think I have been temoting fate here! *Goes to find big bubble to live in!*

i got a few of these, haven't broken anything yet though *touch wood!!!*

i fell off a chair lift when i was 7 and learning to ski in the US
like 14 feet, straight down, landed in a drift of snow
ended up in A&E eating ice cream hehehe.

and i bruised my ribs coming off this stupid horse that hated jumping, he stopped at the jump, i carried on, apparently did a beautifully tight foreward roll and landed on my back. i hate getting winded!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back