Embarassing Sporting Accidents / Painful Injuries

I alway land on my back or bum when performing an illegal dismount!! I agree getting winded sucks!

Had to go to A&E once in primary school after staving my thumb playing "Girls Chase the Boys" only to be told that my thumb was alway that twisted and it was just bruised! Got lots of sympathy and I do have freaky twisted thumbs!!

Ski-ing injury; I was going very very slowly to join end of lift queue, so I was going to put both poles in one hand, and therefore had the straps at the end of one of my poles looped over my thumb. Glanced over my shoulder to ogle attractive bloke, fell, and broke my thumb.
I never, never do anything with my poles unless am definitely completely stationary. Still ogle attractive men though!

I was learning to snowboard, but my board ended up pointing straight down the slope (only a tiny nursery one), straight down and into the metal pole were the drag lift queue was, shame they didn't pad the upper bit, apparently i was out for around an hour, had a bad headache after wards :)

I had an accident before this though, November 2001, I was doing some sanding in school and the next thing a know is there is blood on the disc sander and my finger really hurts, turns out i sanded the underside of my index finger, and I needed a skin grapht :)

15 years into life, not looking forward to the rest :D

I mentioned in my last post that I had an arm full of metal... I guess I better explain.

I was at a mate's party and he had hired 4 padded sumo suits. Just like these (not me in pic.).
Anyway my arm was on the floor, vertical (elbow was only thing touching ground) and my biggest mate (21stone, plus weight of sumo suit which was also about a stone) jumped full power and landed on my arm! :sick: :sick: :sick: It literally shatter everywhere... it was just flat!

The best thing was I didn't feel a thing and got straight up, looked at my arm and it was squished and like jelly - then I thought 'oh crap, i've broken my arm' so moved out the way of the other people still playing in the sumo suits and laid on the ground... I knew I had to get the attention of the other people otherwise there was the likely-hood that they would jump on me again (But I didn't know how because I was in no pain so it wasn't like I could just scream out!). So I started to say 'Oh oh' in a really quiet and calm voice. Then my mate came over and said 'come on you women, get up' - then looked at my arm and said 'oh f***' Then everyone started panciking!

Anyway, cut a long story short... 14 days later I was relized out of hospital with 6 metal plates running down all of my arm... I was so lucky they didn't have to take it off completey! (There is no way I would have been able to do water changes!)

It was a great memory! Kind of! :rolleyes:

The worst I had was when I was skiing.

I decided it would be sensible to fall down the mountain instead of ski so (rather spectacularly I think) I rolled down head over heels until I came to a stop about half way down which in itself isn't too bad. The problem I had was that the release clip on my skis failed and then stayed attached to my boots so I ended up face down with my right foot pointing the wrong way (twisted at the knee) and my left leg pinning my right in because the skis had got stuck.

I then got trekked down the mountain in a bright orange buggy thing and taken to an Austrian hospital - gee them doctors are nasty. I had an x-ray and my leg twisted round and and pulled so they could decide if I had broken my knee. They decided it was just a nasty twist and sent me home and told to stay off it for a day.

Ten years later - it still plays me up sometimes and gives way for no reason.

:lol: Some funny stories there

Mine is going over the handle bars on my bike and knocking myselft out.

Probably about 2ish years ago now. I was going down to my mates house to drop him his PS2 game back.
Got on my bike and started off, i met my cousin halfway there just before a really steep hill. Spoke to him for about 5mins and the shot off (Going full speed) down this big hill. That was my last memory before waking up sitting against a wall with my face covered in blood.

:lol: was kinda funny (not!) when i look up to see that the two people who had moved me, were twins i knew from school.... (and was trying to pull ;))
The rest of this i've been told.
After speeding down the hill from talking to my cousin a car pulled out of it's drive just infront of me. My back brake was snapped (Didn't even know :rolleyes:) so i tried to put my feet down to slow down, it wasn't working so i pulled the front brake down.

Now after testing the brakes after coming out of the hospital i can say i've never EVER seen a front brake so sharp.

I went flying over the handles bars and went face first into the tarmaced road (Ouch!) and the flew down about another 10metres. The first thing i did when i woke up was felt my face which felt really sore and when i looked at my hand it was tottaly covered in blood.

The ambulance came and took me to the hospital, gave me some stitches and then cleaned me up. They wanted to keep me in but no way was that happening! About 3days later i looked even worse because my scabs had started to set and my eyes were almost swollen shut. Luckily i haven't got a single mark to show for the accident and i got the girl :)

Happy ending!
Dan

My worst was a snowboarding injury. I would consider myself a solid rider, i can go anywhere on the mountain with little difficulty, and rarely fall. I had stopped for a break, then put my board back on, and started skating to the chair lift. I managed to get a little bit of speed, so i decided i needed to stop before entering the lift line. I go to stop, and some how spin my board 180. Now i'm riding switch (other foot forward), so i try to take my foot off my board to stop. Instead, i start falling towards the back of my board. The fall was so wierd, i put my arm out to catch me, and dislocate my shoulder.

I spent the next two weeks with my right arm immobilized and then two weeks after that with it in a sling. I had to take incompletes in my college classes because it happened the first day of spring break, and i had planned to do some major projects then.

A dislocated shoulder from skating to the chair lift.

well here's my PAINFULL experience:
I was 5, I was riding a bike on a sandy road, and all the sudden I realised that I'm loosing control, I fell and a stone got INTO my knee, the wound was 1' deep, fortunately no broken bones but it took me 2 months and 25 stitches to recover. I still have a scar on my knee (I'm 13 now).
Here's another one:
I was rolerblading, pushing my luck when I hit a stone with one of the skates, I fell and slided for around 25 meters on the street - my belly was black and red and it hurt a lot - this time it took me no stitches - luckaly and 3 weeks of healing to be able to bend properly without pain - luckily no scars now.
I just realized my story-telling sucks and that this is probably my longest post till now.

My worst injury would be breaking my back. Now I think about it, I'm not really sure how it happened. But anyway...

I went trampolining with my friend, she was a member of this huge club and I went with her a couple of times for fun. Well after a while we were getting into "technical" stuff so all the flops and drops and stuff. Some how when I was doing a seatdrop I broke my back. Needless to say I lay on the trampoline for a while in pain, but nobody called an ambulance... typical.

Well after a couple of days my very caring mother decided I better go to the hospital to get it checked. The hospital said nothing was wrong even though I was in pain. Couple of days later we get a phone call telling us I've broken my back and I'll need MRI scans and more x-rays done.

So thats my injury.

Wow. Uh, I'm new..so I'll guess I'll just add a post for the heck of it..even though my injuries definitely don't compare to any of your's. You guys must be really unlucky or something.

Umm..my "worst" one is probably an incident from when I was in the seventh grade. I was in my fourth period class and we were taking a bathroom break in the very beginning. My friends and I always mess around in the hallway so I was like, "Guys, check this out. James Bond tripple roll." (which means diving on the ground to roll three times before jumping back up). Well, unfortunately I rolled at an angle and instead of going straight down the hallway I headed for the wall. I tried to sit up to stop myself from hitting it, but I guess I couldn't see that doing so would make my head hit the wall harder and faster.

Yeah...so there was a closed door there to a supply closet and the door frame is actually made of metal, which is what I hit. I had a huge lump above my eye (on the bone) and it turned a nice shade of blue and purple. I almost had to file an accident report, and that would have looked pretty stupid saying "hit head while doing James Bond triple roll." Thankfully the nurse didn't file one...

..it was really funny at the time, being so stupid. Didn't hurt much either.

Mine is almost nothing compared to some on here, but hurt a lot none the less.

I had just left my house on a bike ride and I decided to take a BAD BIKE. It stoped on me and I flipped over the front of it onto pavement going at least 15 mph or so. OUCH, I then notice, even though I had a hard time thinking, I noticed that my 2 front teeth were missing, My two front ADULT teeth missing. No, not missing in full, split in the middle. I then noticed the two pieces on the ground and not to mention the small puddle of blood on the ground there too, I picked them up as I then noticed my dad rushing towards me in his car and brought me home. My sister went to get him. I was rushed to get some emergency dental work done, YAY. Since I did find the two pieces on the ground I had them GLUED, yes GLUED back on. I then, a few weeks later had not just 2 root canals done, but 3. Another tooth had been injured. That hurt REALLY BAD. I, to this day, have broken one of the teeth off 3 or so times and it is reglued everytime, as I can't get a crown till I am 18.

Well now, That was fun. :lol:

:lol:!

The first ever TFF Relationship! He He!

Not by a long shot my friend, There have been at least 4 relationships to my knowledge, Most ending poorly (as most do). One couple acctually made it to the point of an engagment, but the female Jerked the fellow around in a major way and he gave up on her.

Ok, how about this one.

Freshman year of High School I was on the J.V. (American) football team. On kickoff returns we were told to pick a guy on the kicking team and lay them out. Well, I happend to call out the number of the BIGGEST guy on their team, conventiently lined up right in front of me. Well, they boot the ball and me and this kid start running full tilt at eachother, and I mean SPRINTING! So, we meet, he gets lower than me and, does something that is VERY illegal in HS football and lead with his helmet. His helmet drove right into my left elbow which I put up to protect my ribs. I flew, literally, a foot in the air and about 3 feet back. But I got right up, but the world was spinning, the grass was purple, I couldn't see more than 3 feet in front of me, I was feeling queezy and my elbow hurt. I hobble off of the field and ice my elbow down, hoping it would help. Well it didn't, I suffered thru a dinner stop and a very bumpy ride home. My dad picked me up from school and, seeing that I was hurt, brought me HOME! When we got there my mom saw my elbow and yelled at my dad, took me to the ER and I found out I had broken my elbow...that's a whole new kind of pain. (except maybe childbirth but I have never and will never experience that)

well i play hooker and prop in rugby and i get bashed around alot no surprises cause iam in the scrum and one time was doing the whole pitch and about 3 yards from tri line and someone came running in and belted me to the side of the pitch.I couldnt feel my legs so i was like whew iam alright then i look down and see that my knee joint dislocated where it joins the leg and was in wheel chair for 3months but i still play rugby now :lol:

cant forgett the time when me and my lets say not so thin friend went fishing and we were on a slope stalking carp and he was sitting down on a chair the lazy bugger he is and he droppped his wine gum and leant foward to pick it up and before i knew i heard a all mighty splash :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back