Eleocharis acicularis (hairgrass) carpeting

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
After an experiment with a small bunch of hairgrass to see if it thrived in my tank (it did) I have just bought 4 large bunches potted in rockwool. Each pot has approx 50 or so individual plants. Does anyone have any suggestions on planting? I was thinking of de-potting and wooling, seperating each plantlet and planting individually. I realise this will take hours but I think will have the greatest chance of success. Does anyone have any other ideas?

well im not really good at this but before when i tried to plant micro sword i seperated it one at a time.. took me aaagess !! the whole afternoon but i enjoyed it :) sorta like a relaxing tasks :) ... the plants didn't carpet btw... my gravel was too big :) hehe

same where my hairgrass was doing well in the pots and 3 weeks later I removed each plant and cover the bottom area, and the hairgrass didnt carpet,

I've heard that planting individually makes the plant grow up instead of horizontally, and that planting them in pairs encourages carpeting. Also, make sure you trim the tops.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back