Electric Siphons?... Which One To Get?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

disFUNctional

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
biggrin.png

So I'm wanting to get an electric siphon for my large tank (and possibly one for my smaller tanks, depending on cost), and I know absolutely nothing about them, let alone which ones would be good for my tanks. (Sorry mods if this thread is in the wrong place, I couldn't figure out where to put it! 
Dunno.gif
 )

My tank sizes are:

* 200L / 50-ish gal
* 20L / 5-ish gal
* 25L / 6-ish gal (currently unused, but I'm planning on setting it up soon)

I'm not sure if they exist or not (I *think* I read somewhere that they do), but I'd like to get one that'll suck the dirty water out of the tank and also pump the clean water back in.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!
biggrin.png

I had one of these once and I wouldn't really recommend it over using just a regular gravel vac and hose.

Heh, I was just looking at that product today while I was at Pets at Home in New Malden where they have just done a massive planted tank, great stuff! Water still a bit cloudy but looks good and will look fab when water cleared and fish put in. Can't wait!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, yes I saw that and decided against that as was unsure how it would work exactly. 

And am considering getting a Ehiem 1046 Universal Pump which is at around £40.

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/eheim-1046-universal-pump-300-ltrhr-p-264.html?osCsid=4c4de99eac83ca298559f240323a6c84&gclid=CPuagvvTm7kCFa7JtAodL2wAXw

Hmm, but am planning on getting a larger tank in future so that would serve at least 2 tanks, and a long hose from the tank straight to the sink so that would eliminate needs for buckets so much less effort required.

Or you could get a Python Syphon, a bit more pricey but have heard some good reviews about this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Python-7-5m-25ft-No-Spill-Clean-Fill-Aquarium-Maintenance-System-25NS-/400509337113?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item5d40377e19

I myself have not decided on any yet or may just stick with the normal gravel cleaner syphon and buckets! 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi,

I found this on Amazon: Gravel cleaner and siphon and i think its great, it does a great job as a siphon if thats all you need it for but also it is great for vacuuming the gravel, i have found it very helpful and its such a great price! £10 .80 last time i looked :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back