Electric Blue Acara Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

cupofjoel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I recently bought 4 electric blue acaras on Aquabid.

The breeder/seller told me to place them in the smallest tank I have. He said if I placed them in my 75 gallon tank I will lose them, meaning they will die. Is this true? Why would fish die in a large tank? I'm assuming that even if they are juvenile fish, they should be fine right?

It depends on what else is in the big tank. If you have big fish in the tank and put small fish in there, they might get eaten. If you have big cichlids, they might eat the small ones or attack them.

If there are no big or aggressive fish in the big tank, you can put the small fish in the big tank and they should be fine.

It depends on what else is in the big tank. If you have big fish in the tank and put small fish in there, they might get eaten. If you have big cichlids, they might eat the small ones or attack them.

If there are no big or aggressive fish in the big tank, you can put the small fish in the big tank and they should be fine.

Yeah I was totally confused by the breeders instructions. My 75 gallon tank is empty and ready for my new acaras! There are no other fish that can harm or eat them LOL. I guess he was assuming I had large fish in there.

Most reactions

Back