Editing Glitch

I made the change to Firefox a little over a year ago and have loved it. You can turn on spell check so everything you type is automatically checked (errors underlined in red). I now only use IE for real estate purposes as our MLS site and several county tax sites aren't compatible with Firefox. I only hope for the day that I can trash IE forever.

if you are in Europe, you can remove it now. even MS update has to work with other browsers now. i got my update a few days ago. first thing i did was remove IE of all variations. wish i could find a new "email " client. cant seem to get on with, anything, but Live mail. probably because i have so many Hot mail/gmail accounts.

I use Chrome, but, i hear about the extra speed, i still like it more than the others. mind you, I have uses Firefox (Mozilla) since it stopped being Netscape Navigator.

the problem is down to the skin, Gill. if you change it whilst editing (if this happens) you can edit and return to you favourite skin, after.

Oh Cool, thanks for that.
And thanks BigC for the suggestions, found loads of Add-ons that are great.

I made the change to Firefox a little over a year ago and have loved it. You can turn on spell check so everything you type is automatically checked (errors underlined in red). I now only use IE for real estate purposes as our MLS site and several county tax sites aren't compatible with Firefox. I only hope for the day that I can trash IE forever.

if you are in Europe, you can remove it now. even MS update has to work with other browsers now. i got my update a few days ago. first thing i did was remove IE of all variations. wish i could find a new "email " client. cant seem to get on with, anything, but Live mail. probably because i have so many Hot mail/gmail accounts.

I use Chrome, but, i hear about the extra speed, i still like it more than the others. mind you, I have uses Firefox (Mozilla) since it stopped being Netscape Navigator.

the problem is down to the skin, Gill. if you change it whilst editing (if this happens) you can edit and return to you favourite skin, after.

I can understand the frustration, my wife needs to use IE for some of her work stuff, it's as if these sites build stuff into the code specifically to stop other browsers using it.

i'm not sureif hotmail allows using pop or imap but you could always try mozillas email client thunderbird.

i'm not sureif hotmail allows using pop or imap but you could always try mozillas email client thunderbird.

it allows both. i just don't like the other offerings. but, where i can, i find programs that are not MS, to do most jobs.

Fair enough. I'm a part time web designer so I know what a pain it can be getting your site to look right on ie.

I've not actually used chrome yet, I have about 8 browsers on my mac, plus 3 on windows laptop and none of them is chrome. Let me know how you find it

Google chrome great. I getting the speed I paid for. It's really fast. I thought it was my computor and it was internet explorer all the time.

Thanks truck.

yup, most people don't realise how bad IE can be. but just like firefox, you can get loads of extensions to make thunderbird work how you like...

really like the fast browsing add-on, loads the 2nd page as a continous page.

Issue Resolved now switched back to IP.Board

Most reactions

Back