Editing Glitch

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Just noticed yesterday when i wanted to edit a spelling mistake.
Clicking on the Edit and Save Changes or Use Full Editor Does Nothing.
tffediterror.jpg

Although everything is working fine in this department for me.
I'll take onboard you concerns and relate them upstairs
In the meantime....
I see your using Firefox.
Have you tried the spell-checker add-on.
Try this right click on misspelt word and amend.
I'll get back ASAP
Regards
C

Although everything is working fine in this department for me.
I'll take onboard you concerns and relate them upstairs
In the meantime....
I see your using Firefox.
Have you tried the spell-checker add-on.
Try this right click on misspelt word and amend.
I'll get back ASAP
Regards
C

Thanks I will try using that function.

The edit button is a pain.
The forum goes slow for me.
Tryed everything.
maybe it's time for a new computor.

I'm fine on Chrome, Firefox and Safari, IE is a waste of time IMO, it's so slow and is full of bugs, not to mention it's totally open to hackers, where as Safari is a bit more secure.

Wilder, are you using IE? If so try switching to chrome or safari, they're both a lot faster than IE and should work better.

I made the change to Firefox a little over a year ago and have loved it. You can turn on spell check so everything you type is automatically checked (errors underlined in red). I now only use IE for real estate purposes as our MLS site and several county tax sites aren't compatible with Firefox. I only hope for the day that I can trash IE forever.

I've stopped using IE entirely. Firefox for me. I use Google Chrome on my netbook. SH

yeah Ive stopped using ie as well personally found fire fox was better then i stopped using that as OPERA blew it clean out of the water opera IMO is the best browser Ive used

bae

Wilder, are you using IE? If so try switching to chrome or safari, they're both a lot faster than IE and should work better.

I'm using internet explorer, and don't see why I should change when normally I don't have any problems.
My computor only plays up on this site.

Just downloaded google chrome and it's alot better now.

I'm using internet explorer, and don't see why I should change when normally I don't have any problems.
My computor only plays up on this site.

actually, you havemoreproblems than you realise, esp if it's an early version (like 6) since IE has some funny quirks when rendering a lot of css. most developers will make sure a site degrades to these browsers gracefully, so the site still renders looking asnice and as close as possible to the intended design as possible.

in real terms, it just means the web is a more beautiful place with a modern standards compliant browser. such as firefox, or safari.

so to sum up, if you switch, pages will load faster, they will look nicer, you'll get rid of most of the bugs you experience throughout most websites, and if choosing something like firefox, you open up a world of brilliant plug-ins to add extra functionality in, just browsing the extensions section on the mozilla site may change your mind...

actually, you havemoreproblems than you realise, esp if it's an early version (like 6) since IE has some funny quirks when rendering a lot of css. most developers will make sure a site degrades to these browsers gracefully, so the site still renders looking asnice and as close as possible to the intended design as possible.

in real terms, it just means the web is a more beautiful place with a modern standards compliant browser. such as firefox, or safari.

so to sum up, if you switch, pages will load faster, they will look nicer, you'll get rid of most of the bugs you experience throughout most websites, and if choosing something like firefox, you open up a world of brilliant plug-ins to add extra functionality in, just browsing the extensions section on the mozilla site may change your mind...

Changed from internet explorer to google chrome now. it's alot faster, but will take a while to get used to it.
I'm an oldie so don't follow tech stuff to well.

Fair enough. I'm a part time web designer so I know what a pain it can be getting your site to look right on ie.

I've not actually used chrome yet, I have about 8 browsers on my mac, plus 3 on windows laptop and none of them is chrome. Let me know how you find it :)

I made the change to Firefox a little over a year ago and have loved it. You can turn on spell check so everything you type is automatically checked (errors underlined in red). I now only use IE for real estate purposes as our MLS site and several county tax sites aren't compatible with Firefox. I only hope for the day that I can trash IE forever.

if you are in Europe, you can remove it now. even MS update has to work with other browsers now. i got my update a few days ago. first thing i did was remove IE of all variations. wish i could find a new "email " client. cant seem to get on with, anything, but Live mail. probably because i have so many Hot mail/gmail accounts.

I use Chrome, but, i hear about the extra speed, i still like it more than the others. mind you, I have uses Firefox (Mozilla) since it stopped being Netscape Navigator.

the problem is down to the skin, Gill. if you change it whilst editing (if this happens) you can edit and return to you favourite skin, after.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back